W32.Kwbot.C.Worm
Author Message
 W32.Kwbot.C.Worm

Hallo,
my Norton AntiVirus 2003 shows all the time a W32.Kwbot.C.Worm Virus
infectection in the File C:\WINDOWS\system32\system32.exe
It says it is repaired, but one second later it shows the same window again.
I also cant delete or rename the file. I did also not found anything about
that virus on the net maybe somebody can tell me how to remove this Virus.

Thank you!

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 08:58:49 GMT
 W32.Kwbot.C.Worm
Try Downloading and running The Cleaner from www.moosoft.com

: Hallo,
: my Norton AntiVirus 2003 shows all the time a W32.Kwbot.C.Worm Virus
: infectection in the File C:\WINDOWS\system32\system32.exe
: It says it is repaired, but one second later it shows the same window again.
: I also cant delete or rename the file. I did also not found anything about
: that virus on the net maybe somebody can tell me how to remove this Virus.

:
: Thank you!
:
:

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:19:25 GMT
 W32.Kwbot.C.Worm
You need run Norton AV under Safe Mode.

here is removal Instraction
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.kwbot.c.w...

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 02:51:53 GMT
 W32.Kwbot.C.Worm
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.kwbot.c.w...

> Hallo,
> my Norton AntiVirus 2003 shows all the time a W32.Kwbot.C.Worm Virus
> infectection in the File C:\WINDOWS\system32\system32.exe
> It says it is repaired, but one second later it shows the same window
again.
> I also cant delete or rename the file. I did also not found anything
about
> that virus on the net maybe somebody can tell me how to remove this Virus.

> Thank you!

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:21:30 GMT
 W32.Kwbot.C.Worm
I too am infected with the virus. I ran Norton in safe
mode and made the changes to the registry described in
the instructions, but still get messages about infected
files and am still not able to use the CD or A drive that
have been disabled by the virus. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Michael McElroy

Quote:

32.kwbot.c.worm.html

>.

Sun, 04 Dec 2005 00:41:38 GMT
 W32.Kwbot.C.Worm
Solution:

Terminating the Malware Program

This procedure terminates the running malware process from memory.

  1.. Open Windows Task Manager.
  On Windows 9x/ME systems, press
  CTRL+ALT+DELETE
  On Windows NT/2000/XP systems, press
  CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, and click the Processes tab.
  2.. In the list of running programs, locate either or both processes:
  System32.exe
  Cmd32.exe
  3.. Select one of the processes, then press either the End Task or the End
Process button, depending on the version of Windows on your system.
  4.. Do the same for all running malware processes.
  5.. To check if the malware process has been terminated, close Task
Manager, and then open it again.
  6.. Close Task Manager.
*NOTE: On systems running Windows 9x/ME, Task Manager may not show certain
processes. You may use a third party process viewer to terminate the malware
process. Otherwise, continue with the next procedure, noting additional
instructions.

Removing Autostart Entries from the Registry

Removing autostart entries from the registry prevents the malware from
executing during startup.

  1.. Open Registry Editor. To do this, click Start>Run, type REGEDIT, then
press Enter.
  2.. In the left panel, double-click the following:
  HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>
  CurrentVersion>Runonce
  3.. In the right panel, locate and delete the entry or entries:
  SystemSAS = "system32.exe"
  CMD = "cmd32.exe"
  4.. In the left panel, double-click the following:
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows>
  CurrentVersion>Run
  5.. In the right panel, locate and delete the entry or entries:
  SystemSAS = "system32.exe"
  CMD = "cmd32.exe"
  6.. In the left panel, double-click the following:
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows>
  CurrentVersion>RunServices
  7.. In the right panel, locate and delete the entry or entries:
  SystemSAS = "system32.exe"
  CMD = "cmd32.exe"
  8.. In the left panel, double-click the following:
  HKEY_USERS>.DEFAULT>Software>Microsoft>Windows>
  CurrentVersion>Runonce
  9.. In the right panel, locate and delete the entry or entries:
  SystemSAS = "system32.exe"
  CMD = "cmd32.exe"
Removing Malware Registry Key

  1.. In Registry Editor, in the left panel, double-click the following:
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Krypton
  2.. Still in the left panel, delete the subkey:
  Krypton
  3.. Close Registry Editor
NOTE: If you were not able to terminate the malware process from memory, as
described in the previous procedure, restart your system in safe mode.

Quote:
> I too am infected with the virus. I ran Norton in safe
> mode and made the changes to the registry described in
> the instructions, but still get messages about infected
> files and am still not able to use the CD or A drive that
> have been disabled by the virus. Any suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated.

> Michael McElroy

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:34:03 GMT

1. Worm virus: W32/opaserv.worm.f

2. W32 Opaserv.worm a/k/a Opasoft.A Worm

3. Antigen found W32/Ska.A.Worm virus

4. urgent help regarding w32.mapson.worm

5. W32/Pate.b.worm Virus

6. PSS Moderate Security Alert - New Worm: W32.Fizzer.A@mm

7. someone can help me with :w32.supova.worm?

8. W32.HAWAWI.WORM - WARNING - Help required please

9. w32.tkbot.worm

10. Patch for W32.Opaserv.Worm

11. W32/Stator.worm

12. how to remove w32 ya ha worm