 funlove.gen

Hi all,
My PC is infected by w32.funlove.gen.
I cleaned as:
- boot with diskette healthy DOS.
- by anti-virus Mcafee in DOS.
- scanpm.exe dat4162.
- it is declared cleaned.
I reboot in Win95, and it is on alert infected.
After many cleanings, it always is reinfected.
Have you experienced?
kiwi

Sat, 20 Mar 2004 21:02:26 GMT
 funlove.gen

Quote:

> Hi all,
> My PC is infected by w32.funlove.gen.
> I cleaned as:
> - boot with diskette healthy DOS.
> - by anti-virus Mcafee in DOS.
> - scanpm.exe dat4162.
> - it is declared cleaned.
> I reboot in Win95, and it is on alert infected.
> After many cleanings, it always is reinfected.
> Have you experienced?

Sounds like one of two things
either
a) your windows based scanner is generating false alarms
or
b) you are doing something to re-infect your machine all the time.

Robert Moir, Microsoft MVP
To search the MS Knowledge base use the link below:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/search/c.asp?PSL=1
My Homepage - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk
** Emailed questions will not be answered **

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 00:35:14 GMT
 funlove.gen
hi,

you may visit http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=10419 for the
refreshed details and reach the full instruction on removing funlove at
http://download.nai.com/products/Mcafee-AVERT/CLFunLove.rtf

may be because of shared directories or something about that you have done
wrong.

Quote:

> Hi all,
> My PC is infected by w32.funlove.gen.
> I cleaned as:
> - boot with diskette healthy DOS.
> - by anti-virus Mcafee in DOS.
> - scanpm.exe dat4162.
> - it is declared cleaned.
> I reboot in Win95, and it is on alert infected.
> After many cleanings, it always is reinfected.
> Have you experienced?
> kiwi

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:53:52 GMT
 funlove.gen

Quote:
> Hi all,
> My PC is infected by w32.funlove.gen.
> I cleaned as:
> - boot with diskette healthy DOS.
> - by anti-virus Mcafee in DOS.
> - scanpm.exe dat4162.
> - it is declared cleaned.
> I reboot in Win95, and it is on alert infected.
> After many cleanings, it always is reinfected.
> Have you experienced?
> kiwi

Try this free tool from Symantec. It works better than afees

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/fix.dos.funlove.4099.html

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 03:58:03 GMT

1. T-Gen -- posting Don Robert's vw3.0 parcels for T-Gen

2. VIRUS : W32.FunLove.4099

3. Outlook problem after "Funlove" attack

4. Script Checking for Funlove virus

5. VWIN32: T-GEN port available??

6. REQ: Gen history/overview of APL

7. SUnit-compatible testcase suite for T-Gen

8. Example of extensive T-Gen use, specifically...?

9. T-gen 2.1 for Smalltalk MT VC 2.6 released

10. T-Gen ported to vw5i uploaded to cincom wiki (again -- sigh, and sorry)

11. T-Gen ported to vw5i uploaded to cincom wiki

12. T-Gen for VisualAge 3.0