App Loads to Slow
Author Message
 App Loads to Slow

Hi, i got the following problem... i have an application done in vb.net and
it takes 22 secs to be open on my clients machine ( 1.8 Ghz machines )

Can somebody make me a list of possible whys of why it takes so long??

Thanks.
Alex.

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 19:45:22 GMT
 App Loads to Slow
It would help to know what your app does in general...what it is doing
during startup events (ie. form load), amount of RAM on the machine, size of
your app, etc....

Quote:
> Hi, i got the following problem... i have an application done in vb.net
and
> it takes 22 secs to be open on my clients machine ( 1.8 Ghz machines )

> Can somebody make me a list of possible whys of why it takes so long??

> Thanks.
> Alex.

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 19:51:00 GMT
 App Loads to Slow
Hello,

Quote:
> Hi, i got the following problem... i have an application done
> in vb.net and it takes 22 secs to be open on my clients
> machine ( 1.8 Ghz machines )

> Can somebody make me a list of possible whys of why it
> takes so long??

Make sure a user account "ASPNET" exists on the system.

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 22:31:06 GMT

1. 16-bit app calling VB6 32bit app - Slow

2. Slow, slow, slow search on VB6, ADO and SS7

3. VB4 is slow..slow....slow

4. Insert into SQL Server slow, slow, slow...

5. Database Loads slow

6. Slow Outlook Custom Form Loading & Executing

7. Slow loading of VB .Net exe file

8. Slow Load

10. slow loading of .exe file

11. Slow loading performance with database