Can build ActiveX control using VB.NET?
Author Message
 Can build ActiveX control using VB.NET?

This relates to another post of mine, but I'm wondering if it is at all
possible to build a COM-based ActiveX control using the Visual Studio.NET
compiler. On opening a VB6 ActiveX control project in VB.NET, does it change
the output type to a Windows Forms control or some other control? Or does it
maintain it as an ActiveX control?

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 06:54:35 GMT
 Can build ActiveX control using VB.NET?

Quote:
> This relates to another post of mine, but I'm wondering if it is at all
> possible to build a COM-based ActiveX control using the Visual Studio.NET
> compiler. On opening a VB6 ActiveX control project in VB.NET, does it
change
> the output type to a Windows Forms control or some other control? Or does
it
> maintain it as an ActiveX control?

I'm sure that it turns it into WinForms control.  I replied in another
thread, that basically it should be possible - but it is going to take a
little work to make happen.

Tom Shelton

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 07:05:12 GMT
 Can build ActiveX control using VB.NET?

Quote:
> This relates to another post of mine, but I'm wondering if it is at
> all possible to build a COM-based ActiveX control using the Visual
> Studio.NET compiler. On opening a VB6 ActiveX control project in
> VB.NET, does it change the output type to a Windows Forms control or
> some other control? Or does it maintain it as an ActiveX control?

No.  You can create a .Net User Control or Class and expose it for use with
COM, but you cannot directly create and ActiveX control with .Net.

Chris

--
If you don't like lunchmeat, please remove it from my e-mail address to
send me an e-mail

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:14:18 GMT

1. Using a third-party ActiveX as a control in VB .Net

2. Using ActiveX controls to build forms

3. Using Access built SQL in VB Net String

4. Building ActiveX controls that will access activex.dll running on PWS

5. Custom Graph Control using PictureBox using VB.NET

6. using ActiveX controls in .NET

7. How to deploy a VB application built using the SSTab control

8. using VB.NET control in VB.6 as .ocx

9. ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET

10. Building Active X controls using 3rd party licenced controls

11. Is it possible to build an activex DLL using VB6 LE

12. Question on ActiveX Controls in VB.Net