Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003 
Author Message
 Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003

Hi all,
could anyone tell me the differences between VB NET
(2002) and VB NET 2003?
I'm a still studying VB NET 2002 and Microsoft released
another version of the language....
The better choice is still continuing with VB 2002 or
stopping and begin learning the newest version?
Thanks so much


Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:49:43 GMT  
 Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003
Hi,

The differences in VB.NET are minor. There is nothing to stop you learning
what you are currently learning.

HTH

--
Greg Low (MVP)
MSDE Manager SQL Tools
www.whitebearconsulting.com


Quote:
> Hi all,
> could anyone tell me the differences between VB NET
> (2002) and VB NET 2003?
> I'm a still studying VB NET 2002 and Microsoft released
> another version of the language....
> The better choice is still continuing with VB 2002 or
> stopping and begin learning the newest version?
> Thanks so much



Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:57:23 GMT  
 Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003
Hello,


Quote:
> could anyone tell me the differences between VB NET
> (2002) and VB NET 2003?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcn...

Quote:
> I'm a still studying VB NET 2002 and Microsoft released
> another version of the language....

There are no big differences between VB .NET 2002 and 2003.

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner



Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:36:47 GMT  
 Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003
I have just read a contribution to the newsgroups and found an
interesting and useful difference.

 1.1                                 1.0
======================================================
                                     Dim i as integer
For i as integer = 1 to 10           For i=1 to 10
 'something                           'something
Next                                 Next

I have just downloaded the .Net framework 1.1 (VB.Net 2003),
installed, and on my Windows XP machine note the creation of

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

in addition to

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705

which was there before. 3705 is .Net framework 1.0 and 4322 is
framework 1.1.

However, even after a reboot, I get a syntax error for the syntax on
the left (above). Why? Interestingly in the IDE when I go Tools/About,
the text in the "About" box still shows

"Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0    Version 1.0.3705"
"Copyright (c) 1987-2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights Reserved"

Anyone know how I can "turn on" the 1.1 features, like the syntax
above in the for/next loop.

Regards
Michael


Quote:
> Hi,

> The differences in VB.NET are minor. There is nothing to stop you learning
> what you are currently learning.

> HTH

> --
> Greg Low (MVP)
> MSDE Manager SQL Tools
> www.whitebearconsulting.com



> > Hi all,
> > could anyone tell me the differences between VB NET
> > (2002) and VB NET 2003?
> > I'm a still studying VB NET 2002 and Microsoft released
> > another version of the language....
> > The better choice is still continuing with VB 2002 or
> > stopping and begin learning the newest version?
> > Thanks so much



Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:29:35 GMT  
 Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003


Quote:
> I have just read a contribution to the newsgroups and found an
> interesting and useful difference.

> 1.1                                 1.0
> ======================================================
> Dim i as integer
> For i as integer = 1 to 10           For i=1 to 10
> 'something                           'something
> Next                                 Next

This difference is a difference between VB.NET 2003 and VB.NET 2002.  It is
not a difference between the .NET Framework 1.1 and the .NET Framework 1.0.
 To be able to compile this, you need VB.NET 2003 (part of VS.NET 2003).

The framework is the collection of classes used by .NET languages.  The
language definitions are separate.

                        -chris

--
Chris J. Breisch, MCSD.NET, MCDBA



Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:43:37 GMT  
 Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003
Luigi, you can read an article (in Italian) here
http://www.ugidotnet.org/articles/articles_read.aspx?ID=29

HTH

--
Corrado Cavalli [Microsoft .NET MVP]
UGIdotNET - http://www.ugidotnet.org



Sat, 22 Oct 2005 04:51:26 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. VB .Net 2003 Standard or VS .Net 2003 Pro for Smart Devices

2. vb.net 2002 or vb.net 2003 beta

3. VB.Net Editor keystrokes lag/slow to respond (VS.NET 2003)

4. Problem with VB.NET under .NET 2003 Final beta

5. VB.Net or VB 2003

6. Help:Migrating reports from VB.Beta to VB.Net 2003

7. Office vis a vis .NET 2002 and .NET 2003

8. VS.NET 2003 project back to VS.NET 2002

9. Upgrading to VS.Net 2003 from VS.Net 2002

10. VS .NET 2002 upgrade to 2003 and CR.NET

11. attn MSFT: annoying invisible compiler errors in VB.NET 2003

12. Practice Files Missing in VB .NET 2003?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software