Writing Programs from your own program???
Author Message
 Writing Programs from your own program???

I heard somewhere that it wasn't possible to create your own working .exe
files from VB, but if it isn't possible then how come there are programs
that do it? is it possible and if so, where can i find information on doing
it?

--
Pillie

Thu, 12 May 2005 06:07:58 GMT
 Writing Programs from your own program???
It is possible in VB.NET, you will want to research the Reflection.Emit
namespace, which contains classes that allow you to build your own assembly.

Regards,
Alex Clark

Quote:
> I heard somewhere that it wasn't possible to create your own working .exe
> files from VB, but if it isn't possible then how come there are programs
> that do it? is it possible and if so, where can i find information on
doing
> it?

> --
> Pillie

Thu, 12 May 2005 07:54:59 GMT
 Writing Programs from your own program???
Yes, look at VBCodeProvider and ICodeCompiler classes.

Cheers,
  Jason

Quote:
> I heard somewhere that it wasn't possible to create your own working .exe
> files from VB, but if it isn't possible then how come there are programs
> that do it? is it possible and if so, where can i find information on
doing
> it?

> --
> Pillie

Thu, 12 May 2005 11:02:40 GMT
 Writing Programs from your own program???

Quote:

> > I heard somewhere that it wasn't possible to create your own working .exe
> > files from VB, but if it isn't possible then how come there are programs
> > that do it? is it possible and if so, where can i find information on
> > doing it?

> It is possible in VB.NET, you will want to research the Reflection.Emit
> namespace, which contains classes that allow you to build your own assembly.

An interesting idea!

:-)
LFS

Thu, 12 May 2005 15:48:30 GMT
 Writing Programs from your own program???
I only have VB 6.0, is there any way to do it in that?

Quote:
> I heard somewhere that it wasn't possible to create your own working .exe
> files from VB, but if it isn't possible then how come there are programs
> that do it? is it possible and if so, where can i find information on
doing
> it?

> --
> Pillie

Thu, 12 May 2005 17:36:12 GMT
 Writing Programs from your own program???
You could start by asking in the VB6 newsgroup.

Cheers,
  Jason

Quote:
> I only have VB 6.0, is there any way to do it in that?

> > I heard somewhere that it wasn't possible to create your own working
.exe
> > files from VB, but if it isn't possible then how come there are programs
> > that do it? is it possible and if so, where can i find information on
> doing
> > it?

> > --
> > Pillie

Thu, 12 May 2005 18:04:49 GMT
 Writing Programs from your own program???
Yes you can do it by using Fusion. Go to bit-arts.com

Quote:
> I only have VB 6.0, is there any way to do it in that?

> > I heard somewhere that it wasn't possible to create your own working
.exe
> > files from VB, but if it isn't possible then how come there are programs
> > that do it? is it possible and if so, where can i find information on
> doing
> > it?

> > --
> > Pillie

Fri, 13 May 2005 00:40:28 GMT

1. How to write your own setup program?

2. Learn to write your own Homepages, or learn to program (On Line)

3. PB program writes programs

4. Programming own sychronization

5. put YOUR own programs on MY site

6. select lanuages in own program

7. Retrieving a Programs own Name

8. Creating a own ICON for vb-Program?

9. How to roll your own Internet mail program with VB5

10. Puting your own start bar in your program

11. looking for screen saver program to produce my own s/s pictures/text

12. where should I start,,I want to learn how to creat programs of my own