Gurus - please help me creating a simple User class
Author Message
 Gurus - please help me creating a simple User class

Hi,

I'm mixing all technologies of .Net together in my head and is very
confused about creating a simple User class - hope you can guide me in
the right direction!

I'm most confused about saving/loading the data from my SQL2000 database.

In this post I've shortened the User class to only contain ID, Login and
Name. I my real application I have more fields like address (about 40
fields).

First I thought about having a lot of properties like this:

     Public Property Login() As String
         Get
             Return (_Login)
         End Get
         Set(ByVal Value As String)
             _Login = Value
         End Set
     End Property

Next I thought about just exposing the DataRow property like this:

     Public Property UserData() As System.Data.DataRow
         Get
             Return (_UserDataSet.Tables(0).Rows(0))
         End Get
         Set(ByVal Value As System.Data.DataRow)
             _UserDataSet.Tables(0).Rows(0) = Value 'Doesn't work
         End Set
     End Property

I have different wishes to my User class:

1) Must be able to DataBind on a form
2) Save some kind of a history of the user

Any ideas/suggestions???

Is there some kind of VB.Net WindowsForms application (with source)
somewhere on the net that shows how to make n'tier data applications??
... kinda like ASP.Net's IBuySpy?

Thanks!

M O J O

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 15:20:55 GMT

1. GURU/SEMI-GURU please help with ActiveX DLL threading question

2. Help creating simple vbscript class with ADODB

3. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

4. Help please creating own class Snapshot...

5. SIMPLE SIMPLE ListView Question. Please help

6. Calling all gurus, help on simple question

7. Problem Creating Simple COM Class in VB.NET

8. PLEASE, PLEASE Help With Class Module!

9. Creating a collection of user defined class

10. Using a Class to create user-defined types in VBScript

11. MSScript Control:: Adding User Created Class Objects To It

12. Guru Help Please - Special Export