Compile library from command line
Author Message
 Compile library from command line

I'm trying to compile a library file from a vb file that I
had written in notepad.

here is the file:

't1.vb
Imports System
imports System.Data

Class t1
        sub say(ByVal msg As String)
                console.writeline(msg)
        end sub
end class

However, when I try to compile this using the command line
tool i get the following error:

e:/development/>vbc /t:library t1.vb
Error BC30466: Namespace or type 'Data' for the
Imports 'System.Data cannot be found.

I looked in my assembly folder and see System.Data.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks

Mark

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:30:47 GMT
 Compile library from command line
Mark,

Quote:
>Can anyone assist?

You have to explicitly reference it with the /r option. Only
mscrolib.dll and Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll are implicitly referenced.

vbc /t:library /r:System.Data.dll t1.vb

Mattias

===

http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/
Please reply only to the newsgroup.

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 01:39:33 GMT

1. compile larget project with command line

2. Problems compiling from command line

3. Error while compiling simple form from command line in VB.net

4. Command-line compile, result throws error

5. Command-line compile problem

6. Compiling VB.NET windows app from command line

7. command line compiling

8. compile project from command line

9. Hints for Compiling from the Command line

10. Command line compile

11. VB6 command line compile

12. Compiling from command line (URGENT please)