vb.net calls sql server 2000 user defined function
Author Message
 vb.net calls sql server 2000 user defined function

Can vb.net call a user defined function in sql server 2000?
if yes, how?
I know it can call stored procedure. Do I have to wrap the user defined
function in stored procedure in order to make the vb.net able to call it?

Thanks

AW

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 10:38:03 GMT
 vb.net calls sql server 2000 user defined function
try this "select * from MyUDF" on
SqlDataAdapter.SelectCommand, see the return DataTable

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 16:11:37 GMT
 vb.net calls sql server 2000 user defined function
Hello,

Quote:
> Can vb.net call a user defined function in sql server 2000?
> if yes, how?
> I know it can call stored procedure. Do I have to wrap the user defined
> function in stored procedure in order to make the vb.net able to call it?

Post to the ADO .NET newsgroup:

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 19:46:46 GMT
 vb.net calls sql server 2000 user defined function
Sorry, I didn't know MS dotnet has so many newsgroups

Quote:
> Hello,

> > Can vb.net call a user defined function in sql server 2000?
> > if yes, how?
> > I know it can call stored procedure. Do I have to wrap the user defined
> > function in stored procedure in order to make the vb.net able to call
it?

> Post to the ADO .NET newsgroup:

> Regards,
> Herfried K. Wagner
> --
> http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:43:38 GMT

1. How to call sql server 2000 functions from vb

2. VB.NET & CR.NET : User Defined Function

3. VB.Net Client Checking for the existence of data on a SQL Server 2000

4. SQL Server 2000 and VB.NET

5. VB.Net and connecting to Sql Server 2000

6. VB.NET,SQL SERVER 2000 STORED PROCEDURE PARAMETERS, CRYSTAL REPORTS

7. Help Connecting to SQL Server 2000 w/ VB.NET

8. VB .NET and SQL Server 2000 problem

9. VB.NET and SQL Server 2000 DTS

10. free exam vb.net , vb6 , sql server 2000

11. calling access querydef that calls a user defined access function

12. .NET SQL Parse Method for Verifying SQL and Stored Procedures that are user defined