"load report failed" Error
Author Message
 "load report failed" Error

Hello all:

I created a project with a Crystal Report that displays fine on the
development computer, a Windows2000 machine.

I then created a setup and deployment project for it and installed it as a
test on a Windows Me computer.  The installation of the program went fine,
and everything in the program worked except the display of the report.
When you tried to display the report it gave the error message. Now the
error message
I get on the client computer(with windows98 operate system) is "Load report
failed".

A similar bit of research on this error message said the solution was:
re-register the query engine DLL (regsvr32 "C:\program files\common
files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\bin\CRQE.dll"). If CRQE.dll will not register
or does successfully register and the problem persists, check the version of
the ATL.dll on the client computer. The correct version of ATL.dll for
Windows 98/ME is 3.0.8449.

Well, it did not register successfully; however, ATL.dll has the correct
version.

Thanks

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:45:44 GMT
 "load report failed" Error
Hi.

I'm not sure I understand the problem completely.  According to your message, you developed an application with Crystal Reports as one of the
devleopment components on a Windows2000  machine.  You then tried to deploy the application on a Windows ME and a separate Windows '98 on
machine.  You received the following error message on the Windows '98 machine:
"Load report failed"

What error message did you receive on the Windows ME machine?
Are you using VB or VB.NET for this application?
Is CRQE.DLL installed on both the Windows ME and '98 machines?
Is the version of Crystal Reports the version that ships with Visual Studio or is it a full version of Crystal Reports?
Have you looked for potential answers on Crystal's web site?
Please give a short summary of what the application does.  There may be some other issues causing the Crystal Reports problem.

Michael King
Microsoft Corp

--------------------

Quote:

--
<My_Name>, <My_Community_Room> Team

Sun, 16 Oct 2005 04:53:15 GMT
 "load report failed" Error
Also try this url for support, http://support.crystaldecisions.com

Michael
Microsoft Corp
--------------------

--
<My_Name>, <My_Community_Room> Team

Sun, 16 Oct 2005 05:00:29 GMT
 "load report failed" Error
I recently had the same problem.  We used Dependency Walker to find
out that the crqe.dll was not registering because it could not find
the dbgHelp.dll.  Search on your harddrive to determine whether you
have dbgHelp.dll.  We didn't have it own our 98 machines but it was on
the ME machines.  We copied that file over to C:\Windows\System and
then re ran the setup and it worked.  The dbgHelp.dll allowed the
crqe.dll to register and allowed to report to load.

Hope this helps.

Jerrod N.

Quote:

> Hello all:

> I created a project with a Crystal Report that displays fine on the
> development computer, a Windows2000 machine.

> I then created a setup and deployment project for it and installed it as a
> test on a Windows Me computer.  The installation of the program went fine,
> and everything in the program worked except the display of the report.
> When you tried to display the report it gave the error message. Now the
> error message
> I get on the client computer(with windows98 operate system) is "Load report
> failed".

> A similar bit of research on this error message said the solution was:
> re-register the query engine DLL (regsvr32 "C:\program files\common
> files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\bin\CRQE.dll"). If CRQE.dll will not register
> or does successfully register and the problem persists, check the version of
> the ATL.dll on the client computer. The correct version of ATL.dll for
> Windows 98/ME is 3.0.8449.

> Well, it did not register successfully; however, ATL.dll has the correct
> version.

> Thanks

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 05:09:14 GMT
 "load report failed" Error
I missed the original question, but I have also seen the error "Load report
failed".

What caused it in may case may be different than yours, but here is the
solution in my instance of the problem:

I was using the code below to setup the report in the page load event of the
form containing the CrystalReportViewer1.  However, I also had a
ReportSource in the properties of CrystalReportViewer1.  Once I set the
ReportSource property to none, everything worked fine.

Dim MyRpt As New CrystalReportMembers2()
 Dim conn As New OleDb.OleDbConnection()
 conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
Application.StartupPath & "\test.mdb;Mode=Share Deny None"
 Dim myAdapter As New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter("Select * from [Members
Ordered]", conn)
 Dim myDataset As New DataSet()
 myAdapter.Fill(myDataset, "members ordered")
 MyRpt.SetDataSource(myDataset)
 CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = MyRpt

Quote:
> Also try this url for support, http://support.crystaldecisions.com

> Michael
> Microsoft Corp
> --------------------

> >Subject: "load report failed" Error
> >Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 15:45:44 +0800

> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

> >Hello all:

> >I created a project with a Crystal Report that displays fine on the
> >development computer, a Windows2000 machine.

> >I then created a setup and deployment project for it and installed it as
> >test on a Windows Me computer.  The installation of the program went
fine,
> >and everything in the program worked except the display of the report.
> >When you tried to display the report it gave the error message. Now the
> >error message
> >I get on the client computer(with windows98 operate system) is "Load
report
> >failed".

> >A similar bit of research on this error message said the solution was:
> >re-register the query engine DLL (regsvr32 "C:\program files\common
> >files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\bin\CRQE.dll"). If CRQE.dll will not register
> >or does successfully register and the problem persists, check the version
of
> >the ATL.dll on the client computer. The correct version of ATL.dll for
> >Windows 98/ME is 3.0.8449.

> >Well, it did not register successfully; however, ATL.dll has the correct
> >version.

> >Thanks

> --
> <My_Name>, <My_Community_Room> Team
rights.

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 05:40:22 GMT
 "load report failed" Error
Thank you very much, I solve the problem according your method

qe_cui

Quote:
> I recently had the same problem.  We used Dependency Walker to find
> out that the crqe.dll was not registering because it could not find
> the dbgHelp.dll.  Search on your harddrive to determine whether you
> have dbgHelp.dll.  We didn't have it own our 98 machines but it was on
> the ME machines.  We copied that file over to C:\Windows\System and
> then re ran the setup and it worked.  The dbgHelp.dll allowed the
> crqe.dll to register and allowed to report to load.

> Hope this helps.

> Jerrod N.

Quote:
> > Hello all:

> > I created a project with a Crystal Report that displays fine on the
> > development computer, a Windows2000 machine.

> > I then created a setup and deployment project for it and installed it as
> > test on a Windows Me computer.  The installation of the program went
fine,
> > and everything in the program worked except the display of the report.
> > When you tried to display the report it gave the error message. Now the
> > error message
> > I get on the client computer(with windows98 operate system) is "Load
report
> > failed".

> > A similar bit of research on this error message said the solution was:
> > re-register the query engine DLL (regsvr32 "C:\program files\common
> > files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\bin\CRQE.dll"). If CRQE.dll will not
register
> > or does successfully register and the problem persists, check the
version of
> > the ATL.dll on the client computer. The correct version of ATL.dll for
> > Windows 98/ME is 3.0.8449.

> > Well, it did not register successfully; however, ATL.dll has the correct
> > version.

> > Thanks

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:19:04 GMT

1. The error about"Load report failed"

2. Crystal Reports "Load report failed"

3. Report deployment, runtime, "load report failed"

4. Error "Enable to load report"

5. Failed to Load Control ""

6. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA

7. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA

8. Error message : "Error in loading DLL"

9. "Error loading from file" error message

10. "Cannot load """

11. Help-"Error5-Logon Failed"-HELP PLease!!!!!!-Crystal Report

12. "Error:Fail to render page." problem