Deploying vb.net windows form application on a pc without the .net framework
Author Message
 Deploying vb.net windows form application on a pc without the .net framework

Hi There,

Could someone tell me what I need to do to deploy my application on a pc
without having to install the .net framework?

Thanks,

Josh

Thu, 23 Jun 2005 03:54:00 GMT
 Deploying vb.net windows form application on a pc without the .net framework
Josh
.Net applications require the .net framework in order to run. The .Net
framework includes all those objects and libraries that the application uses
to present it self to the user so you must install the framework

Frederick

Quote:
> Hi There,

> Could someone tell me what I need to do to deploy my application on a pc
> without having to install the .net framework?

> Thanks,

> Josh

Thu, 23 Jun 2005 05:05:59 GMT
 Deploying vb.net windows form application on a pc without the .net framework
You can't, if it's written in VB .NET.

VB .NET will use a DLL called mscorlib.dll regardless of dependancies and
etc. It needs this to run and mscorlib.dll is installed as part of the
framework.

Happy To Help,
Tom Spink

http://dotnetx.betasafe.com >> VB, VB.NET, C#, C++ Code

Quote:
> Hi There,

> Could someone tell me what I need to do to deploy my application on a pc
> without having to install the .net framework?

> Thanks,

> Josh

Thu, 23 Jun 2005 05:12:46 GMT

1. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

2. Packaging and Deploying .NET Framework Applications

3. deploying windows service application (vb.net)

4. Find good book about using CR.NET with VS.NET and .NET Framework

5. running vb.net program on machines without SDK framework

6. My Vb.Net Apps will not run on other machine's with .Net Framework installed

7. .NET Framework 1.1 and VB.Net Performance - ?

8. Deploying on XP with .Net Framework sp2 security exception unhandled

9. Deploying MSDE along with VB.Net application

10. How to launch Internet Explorer from within VB.NET Windows Forms application

11. vb.net - Blank Windows Application form displaying at runtime

12. I have been trying to deploy a Beta 2 VB.net application with crystal