Transparancy on a tab control
Author Message
 Transparancy on a tab control

First when i create a tab control, the tab control couldn't be
trancparent so you can see the background image of the form

Second on a tab page you can set a baground image, but when you add a
label with trancparancy as color, it isn't transparant...

Is there a workaround for this problem, or isn't it a problem?

Thaxn,
Arian Haeser

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:08:51 GMT
 Transparancy on a tab control
Arian,

supported on the TabControl itself.  We will log a product bug on this
issue.

        1) You can set the BackColor property of the Label to be
Transparent.  This is on the Web Colors tab of the color picker in the
property grid.

            OR:

        2) You can set the BackColor property of the Label in code using the
following code snippet:
                        Label1.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Transparent

        Kris Langohr (MS)
        VB QA Team

> First when i create a tab control, the tab control couldn't be
> trancparent so you can see the background image of the form

> Second on a tab page you can set a baground image, but when you add a
> label with trancparancy as color, it isn't transparant...

> Is there a workaround for this problem, or isn't it a problem?

> Thaxn,
> Arian Haeser

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 04:14:24 GMT
 Transparancy on a tab control

Thanx for the reaction...

On the second issue, the backgroundcolor will be displayed on a
transparant control, but if you have an image... than it uses the
background color and not the image, so it's only a copy of the
background color?

Kind regards,
Arian Haeser

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 05:33:59 GMT
 Transparancy on a tab control
Hi, Arian

I'm not following what you are trying to do.  I place a tab control on a
form, set the background image, add a label to the Tab and then set the
Backcolor to Web Transparent.  I can see the image through the label with
no problem.  If you specify a color other than transparent, you will get
that color.

What are you trying to achieve?

John Eikanger
Microsoft Visual Basic Team

(c) 2002 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

--------------------

| Subject: Re: Transparancy on a tab control
|

| Thanx for the reaction...
|
| On the second issue, the backgroundcolor will be displayed on a
| transparant control, but if you have an image... than it uses the
| background color and not the image, so it's only a copy of the
| background color?
|
| Kind regards,
| Arian Haeser
|
| *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
| Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 06:51:32 GMT

1. Help needed w/ Frame control transparancy

2. Transparancy of VB Controls

3. Masked Edit COM control appears only on first tab page of tab control in VB.NET

4. Tabbing through controls on a tab control

5. tab control - loading controls onto tabs in runtime

6. Tab control & Control on a tab

7. How to set the current tab in Tab control of MS COMMON CONTROL

8. Special Tab Control similar to tab control in MS outlook

9. Moving Between Tabs in a Tab Control

10. tab control - order of tabs

11. Tab control in VB dot net shuffling his tabs

12. Adding Tabs To Tab Control