VB .NET compiler unable to recover from this error (SP2 is installed)
Author Message
 VB .NET compiler unable to recover from this error (SP2 is installed)

I'm getting an error "Visual Basic .NET compiler is unable to recover from
the following error: System Error &Hc0000005& (Visual Basic internal
compiler error).  Save your work and restart Visual Studio .NET".

I have installed SP2 and rebooted.  From what I've read, SP1 was supposed to
fix this problem. Can someone point me to the solution?
Thanks
Tim

Wed, 02 Nov 2005 02:52:57 GMT
 VB .NET compiler unable to recover from this error (SP2 is installed)
I should add that this error occurss when I open the project, not on a
particular line of code during execution.
Tim

Quote:
> I'm getting an error "Visual Basic .NET compiler is unable to recover from
> the following error: System Error &Hc0000005& (Visual Basic internal
> compiler error).  Save your work and restart Visual Studio .NET".

> I have installed SP2 and rebooted.  From what I've read, SP1 was supposed
> fix this problem. Can someone point me to the solution?
> Thanks
> Tim

Wed, 02 Nov 2005 03:16:16 GMT
 VB .NET compiler unable to recover from this error (SP2 is installed)
Hi,

        There is a knowledge base article about it.  There is a fix
available but you have to contact them to get it or wait for the service
pack.  See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326237
for more info.

Ken
---------

Quote:
> I should add that this error occurss when I open the project, not on a
> particular line of code during execution.
> Tim

> > I'm getting an error "Visual Basic .NET compiler is unable to recover
from
> > the following error: System Error &Hc0000005& (Visual Basic internal
> > compiler error).  Save your work and restart Visual Studio .NET".

> > I have installed SP2 and rebooted.  From what I've read, SP1 was
supposed
> > fix this problem. Can someone point me to the solution?
> > Thanks
> > Tim

Wed, 02 Nov 2005 03:54:35 GMT

1. The Basic compiler is unable to recover...

2. Installing SP2 for all of Visual Studio, after its been installed for VB.

3. A question about installing SP2 for Visual Studio, after having installed it for VB.

4. VB5-SP2 Compiler error C1001

6. install vb.net cause vb 6 error--30468 problem

7. attn MSFT: annoying invisible compiler errors in VB.NET 2003

8. 3421 errors on same code after installing Win2000 SP2

9. i am using vb.net and crystal reports for visual studio.net

10. Error installing VB.NET component into COM+ Application

11. install vb.net cause vb6 program--error--30468!

12. Error during install (Unable to update system registry)