Still need COM+ with .net
Author Message
 Still need COM+ with .net

Over the past 5 years, we have created server side components in VB and
hosted them in MTS... COM+ that are called from our ASP pages.  We hosted
them in MTS.. COM+  to get the benefits of distributed transactions and
object pooling.  Is there still a benefit to hosting our .net components in
COM+?   Will object pooling give us a benefit or our there optimizations
built into the CLR that make the difference negligible?

Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:04:55 GMT
 Still need COM+ with .net
Look at the System.EnterpriseServices namespace, that is where you will find
your COM+ services.

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
You assume all risk for your use.
Copyright ? SQLDev.Net 1991-2003 All rights reserved.

Quote:
> Over the past 5 years, we have created server side components in VB and
> hosted them in MTS... COM+ that are called from our ASP pages.  We hosted
> them in MTS.. COM+  to get the benefits of distributed transactions and
> object pooling.  Is there still a benefit to hosting our .net components
in
> COM+?   Will object pooling give us a benefit or our there optimizations
> built into the CLR that make the difference negligible?

Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:36:49 GMT

1. how to program with com+ and vb.net???

2. Problem passing VB COM+ ASP Request object to .NET component System.Web.HTTPRequest through COM interop

3. Com+ Data Caching in VB.Net Help or Code

4. Calling COM EXE from VB.NET Service leaves COM EXE in Memory

5. Automation error referencing .net dll from com (com interop)

6. news:3qgju8$j7m@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com

7. com+ .net positions

8. Looking for tool to make AVI files from JPG stills

9. Creating time-lapse AVI movie from SNAPPY stills?

10. create fog on a stills picture

11. Pulling PC Cam stills with an API

12. VB.NEt Beginner: Creating a COM+ Object in VB.net