Data adapter problems
Author Message
 Data adapter problems

Hi:
I need to be able to configure the oleDBDataAdapter to
find a database regardless of the version of the machine
or version of Windows underwhich it is running. If I use
the browse option, I get a explicit path which works fine
on my home machine(under Windows XP Home), that is, all
queries work in the code but does not work on any other
machine.) I have tried a relative database configuration,
eg, bin\database.mdb, but while it seems to work during
the configuration process including previewing the tables,
I can't query it in the code.
On my office machine (Win 2000), the relative address of
database.mdb works fine but is not transferable to the XP
machine.
Any ideas on solving these configuration problems?
Thanks
DogProf

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:03:13 GMT
 Data adapter problems
You could you store the connection string in a file and
read that to connect. The files would need to be
configured individually for the home and office machines.
Quote:

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:32:37 GMT

1. Problem with data adapter and odbc driver

2. Annoying problem in the Data Adapters

3. SELECT syntax error - unable to generate data set from data adapter

4. Networking, Disabling An Adapter And Re-enabling An Adapter

5. !Really off the wall question: Mapping Network adapter key value to adapter name

6. Configuring Data Adapter

7. HELP!! errors using data adapter

8. fill data adapter again

9. Data adapter Update

10. updating records in database through data adapter

11. Data Adapter Preview Null Reference Exception

12. data adapter error