using parameter query to open a form
Author Message
 using parameter query to open a form

I have a vb.net form hooked to a access database
using the oledataconnection, dataadapter, dataset that
comes with vb.net

I have one table in the access database

The problem I am having is I want to be able to open
up the form and the form ask you a question on a certain
field. I want the user to be able to put his user name in
and the form only displays his records. Is this possible
and if someone could give me detailed instructions it
would be great. I tried going into the dataadapter and
clicking on the select command and changing the sql there
but no luck. All I get is error messages. I must be doing
something wrong

Thanks
in advance
Bill

Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:28:30 GMT
 using parameter query to open a form
do not change the query bid the controls to the dataset

Me.BindingContext(datasetname, table name).Position =

the selected index

rgds
kamal

Quote:

Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:18:38 GMT

1. Opening sub form with query and parameter Access 2000

2. opening a defined parameter query using openrecordset method

3. Passing parameters to Access query using Recordset.Open

4. Passing multiple parameters to Access query using Form List Box

5. using selected controls on a form as parameter value for a query

6. Opening a form with parameters using Data Connection

7. Using Parameters from VBA Code in a Parameter Query Export

8. Using Parameter Queries with Optional Parameters

9. Passing Parameters to stored parameter queries using VB 5's Data Controls

10. calling parameter query from a parameter query

11. Forms Collection: Using it to Open Forms by Passing the Form Name as a String Variable

12. Use Parameter Queries in VBA- Then open as Recordset- collect values