config file get deleted when I compile
Author Message
 config file get deleted when I compile

Can someone please tell me why my config file like RemoteHello.exe.config
get deleted from the bin while I compile the solution????

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:10:36 GMT
 config file get deleted when I compile
From memory the config file gets created from the
app.config file stored in the main source directory. When
this gets created the app config file in the bin
directory gets over written, or if it is not in the main
source directory deleted.

As I said this is all from memory..

Glenn

Quote:

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:52:46 GMT
 config file get deleted when I compile
You should have a file called App.Config in your project. You'll modify that
file instead of the RemoteHello.exe.config file. When you'll compile, the
App.Config will be copied over RemoteHello.exe.config.

Etienne

Quote:
> Can someone please tell me why my config file like RemoteHello.exe.config
> get deleted from the bin while I compile the solution????

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 12:15:45 GMT
 config file get deleted when I compile
Hello,

Quote:
> Can someone please tell me why my config file like
> RemoteHello.exe.config
> get deleted from the bin while I compile the solution????

Just copy the config file to your project folder and add it to your
project. It will be copied automatically to the bin folder. It seems
they 'removed' a bug which didn't copy the file to the bin folder.

;-)

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
MVP VB Classic, VB .NET
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:26:00 GMT

1. Configuration File gets deleted when debugging

2. how to read from xml config ex: web.config

3. files getting deleted

4. several config files

5. Config File

6. .config file with smart client

7. reading web.config type file from windows service

8. CONFIG file rebuilt on every build

9. about app.config file

10. CONFIG files in VStudio 2003

11. Problem with config files in VB.NET 2003

12. Application won't use .config file