Properties Do not always show
Author Message
 Properties Do not always show

Every once in a while I can no longer look at the properties of forms
or objects in the VB . Net environment.  Most of the time it occurs
after going to help but not always.  To correct the problem I have to
get out of dot net and then come back in.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 11:03:11 GMT
 Properties Do not always show
I have exactly same problem that the properties sidebar gets stuck and
does not want to come out.  i have to close visual studio and restart
to fix that, and sometimes it just becomes too annoying.  i was hoping
that microsoft putout some sort of fix for that but i havent seen any
updates so far.

- Ali

Quote:
>Every once in a while I can no longer look at the properties of forms
>or objects in the VB . Net environment.  Most of the time it occurs
>after going to help but not always.  To correct the problem I have to
>get out of dot net and then come back in.

>Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 11:42:18 GMT
 Properties Do not always show

Quote:

I had the same thing happen to me. Drove me nuts.
I found two solutions.
You can "tack" the properties window down, but it can
get in the way sometimes.

This also worked for me:

While you are in the 'Form Design'
    Click on "View"
    Hover over 'Toolbars'
and make sure that 'Layout' amd 'View"
are checked. If not, then click on both of them.

Hope this works for you.

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:47:25 GMT
 Properties Do not always show
Do you have the latest framework. I am not sure what the connection is but
it helped me. Although now my task list doesn't pop up after VS is open a
while.

I also had problems running VS 6 and VS 7 on the same machine.

Quote:

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:12:35 GMT

1. Stretchblt, Not always picture showing

2. Showing inactive windows on top or showing always...

3. Showing inactive windows on top or showing always...

4. Form Properties not showing as popup

5. Document properties not showing on save in VB

6. IMAGE PROPERTIES NOT SHOWING IN CODE.

7. VB displays "Invalid use of property", but does not show where

8. why does my custom property Not show up?

9. VB displays "Invalid use of property", but does not show where

10. VB displays "Invalid use of property", but does not show where

11. VB displays "Invalid use of property", but does not show where

12. Property Page not showing