Help finding basic compiler for Pocket PC
Author Message
 Help finding basic compiler for Pocket PC

Apologies - I wanted to send a query direct to MicroSoft
and just can't find a gen enquirey mail address. Maybe you
can help... please!

I'm after an application to write basic software for PPC
and just can't find a clear solution. I have a trial
version of NS BAsic which is okay in itself, but no
integral de{*filter*} which limits it a lot. What I need to
know is does Visual Basic allow PPC applications to be
written? - if so, is it complete as the basic product, or
do I need add-on modules from somewhere...?

I'd also like the option of writing basic applications for
desktop PCs, but thats more of a nicety than essential (NS
Basic doesn't allow this). At the moment I write a lot of
fairly complex applications in the Excel visual Basic for
applications - numerical analysis, data management etc
this is the sort of thing I want to be able to do for PPC
environment.

Seems hard to find a clear guide on this - I think older
versions of Visual Basic had a free downloadable add-on
which allowed compiling for handheld type devices. Thats
changed now? Not sure...

ANY help would be appreciated - web page links, direct
replies... thoughts... gut feelings... clairvoyant
visions.... ANYTHING!

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 02:02:37 GMT
 Help finding basic compiler for Pocket PC
Carl,

        eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 - 2002 Edition is free from microsoft.

Ken
-----------------------

Quote:
> Apologies - I wanted to send a query direct to MicroSoft
> and just can't find a gen enquirey mail address. Maybe you
> can help... please!

> I'm after an application to write basic software for PPC
> and just can't find a clear solution. I have a trial
> version of NS BAsic which is okay in itself, but no
> integral de{*filter*} which limits it a lot. What I need to
> know is does Visual Basic allow PPC applications to be
> written? - if so, is it complete as the basic product, or
> do I need add-on modules from somewhere...?

> I'd also like the option of writing basic applications for
> desktop PCs, but thats more of a nicety than essential (NS
> Basic doesn't allow this). At the moment I write a lot of
> fairly complex applications in the Excel visual Basic for
> applications - numerical analysis, data management etc
> this is the sort of thing I want to be able to do for PPC
> environment.

> Seems hard to find a clear guide on this - I think older
> versions of Visual Basic had a free downloadable add-on
> which allowed compiling for handheld type devices. Thats
> changed now? Not sure...

> ANY help would be appreciated - web page links, direct
> replies... thoughts... gut feelings... clairvoyant
> visions.... ANYTHING!

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 02:10:29 GMT
 Help finding basic compiler for Pocket PC
Sorry forgot the link
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Ken
-------------

Quote:
> Carl,

>         eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 - 2002 Edition is free from microsoft.

> Ken
> -----------------------

> > Apologies - I wanted to send a query direct to MicroSoft
> > and just can't find a gen enquirey mail address. Maybe you
> > can help... please!

> > I'm after an application to write basic software for PPC
> > and just can't find a clear solution. I have a trial
> > version of NS BAsic which is okay in itself, but no
> > integral de{*filter*} which limits it a lot. What I need to
> > know is does Visual Basic allow PPC applications to be
> > written? - if so, is it complete as the basic product, or
> > do I need add-on modules from somewhere...?

> > I'd also like the option of writing basic applications for
> > desktop PCs, but thats more of a nicety than essential (NS
> > Basic doesn't allow this). At the moment I write a lot of
> > fairly complex applications in the Excel visual Basic for
> > applications - numerical analysis, data management etc
> > this is the sort of thing I want to be able to do for PPC
> > environment.

> > Seems hard to find a clear guide on this - I think older
> > versions of Visual Basic had a free downloadable add-on
> > which allowed compiling for handheld type devices. Thats
> > changed now? Not sure...

> > ANY help would be appreciated - web page links, direct
> > replies... thoughts... gut feelings... clairvoyant
> > visions.... ANYTHING!

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 02:15:49 GMT
 Help finding basic compiler for Pocket PC

Quote:

>         eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 - 2002 Edition is free from microsoft.

And as this is a dotnet group, VS.Net can create PocketPC apps using the
.Net compact framework.

Chris

--
If you don't like lunchmeat, please remove it from my e-mail address to
send me an e-mail

Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:31:54 GMT

1. pocket pc transfer file to another pocket pc

2. Newbie : Pocket PC/Handheld PC/Palm PC

3. Basic Compiler IBM PC (1985) - Seeking Help

4. Finding Pocket PC Model

5. Visual Basic 6/ Pocket PC 2002

6. Visual Basic.net and Pocket PC

7. Visual Basic on Pocket PC error???

8. Pocket PC Network Connection in Visual Basic

9. Pocket PC 2002 and embedded Visual Basic

10. Help, Finding a basic compiler

11. Difference between PalmSize PC et Pocket PC

12. Diff between Pocket PC OS / Handled PC OS/ Embedded NT OS