What is the maximum limit on the number of identifiers for a project
Author Message
 What is the maximum limit on the number of identifiers for a project

What is the limit on the number of widgets that can be
included in a single project. We are working on a project
that has aorund 50 forms, with numerous widgets in each
form.
The project limitation help says this

A single project can contain up to 32,000 "identifiers"
(any nonreserved keyword), which include, but are not
limited to, forms, controls, modules, variables,
constants, procedures, functions, and objects. Note that
the actual number of identifiers is limited to available
memory.

is there any way around it.
also is there any function, method or a way to find out
how many of these identifiers exist in the project.

Thanks

Vidit

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 08:25:55 GMT
 What is the maximum limit on the number of identifiers for a project
Please don't think this is meant flippantly -- if your
project has 50 forms in it, I'm compelled to wonder
whether you should consider breaking your project out into
components which handle different areas of the scope of
your project.  If your application is reaching the size
you say, long term manageability is going to be a much
bigger issue than the upper cap on the number of
identifiers in a single project.
Quote:

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:10:15 GMT
 What is the maximum limit on the number of identifiers for a project
VB.NET doesn't have such limitations. In the help file, they say "Earlier
versions of Visual Basic enforced boundaries in code, such as the length of
variable names, the number of variables allowed in modules, and module size.
In Visual Basic .NET, these restrictions have been removed, giving you
greater freedom in writing and arranging your code. Physical limits still
exist, but they are set so high that there is virtually no chance you will
exceed them and cause compile errors within your code."

If you reference to VB6, however, you should perhaps use another newsgroup.

Urs

Quote:
> What is the limit on the number of widgets that can be
> included in a single project. We are working on a project
> that has aorund 50 forms, with numerous widgets in each
> form.
> The project limitation help says this

> A single project can contain up to 32,000 "identifiers"
> (any nonreserved keyword), which include, but are not
> limited to, forms, controls, modules, variables,
> constants, procedures, functions, and objects. Note that
> the actual number of identifiers is limited to available
> memory.

> is there any way around it.
> also is there any function, method or a way to find out
> how many of these identifiers exist in the project.

> Thanks

> Vidit

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:33:49 GMT

1. : Maximum number of forms in a project ?

2. Determining How Close to the Maximum Limits VB Supports

3. Serial number / Unique Identifier

4. Serial number / Unique Identifier

5. How do I add a unique identifier (number range) to an existing table with records

6. Maximum no of Forms in a project?

7. maximum form in project?

8. Maximum number sizes

9. Maximum number of records

10. Maximum number of users....

11. Is there a maximum number of recipients?

12. Maximum number of information services