Upload / Download ( Transfer ) files with VB.NET ?
Author Message
 Upload / Download ( Transfer ) files with VB.NET ?

Hi, I saw several examples in VB.NET but they are using the old Winsock of
VB6 to transfer files between a client and a server which isn't what I'm
looking for, Interop is usually longer to use.

I would like to get VB.NET codes or application samples to transfer files
using preferably those native .NET methods :

tcplistener/tcpclient
.net remoting
net.sockets reference
getstream

Basically, a client app in VB.NET would request a file to a server in VB.NET

I have already application samples using tcplistener/tcpclient but this is
only used to transfer texts, I would like to transfer binary files.

Many thanks, Alan

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 07:44:36 GMT
 Upload / Download ( Transfer ) files with VB.NET ?
Hi Allan
If you will accept written in C# then I'll send you almost ready app
br
Yuri

Quote:
> Hi, I saw several examples in VB.NET but they are using the old Winsock of
> VB6 to transfer files between a client and a server which isn't what I'm
> looking for, Interop is usually longer to use.

> I would like to get VB.NET codes or application samples to transfer files
> using preferably those native .NET methods :

> tcplistener/tcpclient
> .net remoting
> net.sockets reference
> getstream

> Basically, a client app in VB.NET would request a file to a server in
VB.NET

> I have already application samples using tcplistener/tcpclient but this is
> only used to transfer texts, I would like to transfer binary files.

> Many thanks, Alan

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 21:19:45 GMT
 Upload / Download ( Transfer ) files with VB.NET ?
Hi George, ok, please post it.

Many thanks.

Quote:
> Hi Allan
> If you will accept written in C# then I'll send you almost ready app
> br
> Yuri

????t??:

> > Hi, I saw several examples in VB.NET but they are using the old Winsock
of
> > VB6 to transfer files between a client and a server which isn't what I'm
> > looking for, Interop is usually longer to use.

> > I would like to get VB.NET codes or application samples to transfer
files
> > using preferably those native .NET methods :

> > tcplistener/tcpclient
> > .net remoting
> > net.sockets reference
> > getstream

> > Basically, a client app in VB.NET would request a file to a server in
> VB.NET

> > I have already application samples using tcplistener/tcpclient but this
is
> > only used to transfer texts, I would like to transfer binary files.

> > Many thanks, Alan

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 02:24:11 GMT
 Upload / Download ( Transfer ) files with VB.NET ?
Hi Alan,
i wouldn't like to post it directly to group (due to rules), but you can
download this stuff tomorrow from our site (www.pisyslabs.com)
George
Pi-Sys Labs

Quote:
> Hi George, ok, please post it.

> Many thanks.

> > Hi Allan
> > If you will accept written in C# then I'll send you almost ready app
> > br
> > Yuri

> ????t??:

> > > Hi, I saw several examples in VB.NET but they are using the old
Winsock
> of
> > > VB6 to transfer files between a client and a server which isn't what
I'm
> > > looking for, Interop is usually longer to use.

> > > I would like to get VB.NET codes or application samples to transfer
> files
> > > using preferably those native .NET methods :

> > > tcplistener/tcpclient
> > > .net remoting
> > > net.sockets reference
> > > getstream

> > > Basically, a client app in VB.NET would request a file to a server in
> > VB.NET

> > > I have already application samples using tcplistener/tcpclient but
this
> is
> > > only used to transfer texts, I would like to transfer binary files.

> > > Many thanks, Alan

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 05:12:31 GMT

1. File upload from a vb.net client to a webserver

2. HOW Do U Upload a File as part of a FORM POST using VB.NET

3. Upload file to ftp/web server with VB.nET

4. file download from server using Dundas upload

5. File upload/download maybe an old question

6. File uploads (as opposed to downloads)

7. HELP for UPLOADING and DOWNLOADING files

8. Uploading/downloading files

9. Downloading and Uploading Files

10. uploading and downloading files

11. problem uploading file with internet transfer control

12. Uploading Multiple Files: Internet Transfer Protocol