Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Indexing Service failure
Author Message
 Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Indexing Service failure

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server is one of the OLE DB Providers
selectable for the DataAdapter Configuration Wizard in case one wants to
create a SQL Server data-driven form using the OleDbDataAdapter. This works
fine.

Also the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Indexing Service is available for the
DataAdapter Configuration Wizard to do a similar job for an Indexing Service
data-driven form. At least this is what I expected. I have not been
succesful in connecting this one. When I reach the wizard step to provide
the query, I get a Connection Failure.

Environment: VB.NET

Can anyone throw some light on this.

Johan Jensma

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 03:35:05 GMT
 Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Indexing Service failure
is indexing service installed on the local machine?

--
Hilary
www.iisfaq.com

Quote:
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server is one of the OLE DB Providers
> selectable for the DataAdapter Configuration Wizard in case one wants to
> create a SQL Server data-driven form using the OleDbDataAdapter. This
works
> fine.

> Also the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Indexing Service is available for
the
> DataAdapter Configuration Wizard to do a similar job for an Indexing
Service
> data-driven form. At least this is what I expected. I have not been
> succesful in connecting this one. When I reach the wizard step to provide
> the query, I get a Connection Failure.

> Environment: VB.NET

> Can anyone throw some light on this.

> Johan Jensma

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:17:03 GMT

1. Active Server Page - OLE DB Provider for Indexing Service error 80041605

2. Microsoft Project 2002 Database VS. Microsoft Project 2002 OLE DB Provider

3. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error

4. Microsoft OLE DB Provider For AS/400 and VSAM

5. Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 OLE DB provider

6. Timeout expired, [Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server]

7. Microsoft --OR-- Oracle OLE DB provider

8. Microsoft's OLE DB Simple Provider 1.5 Library isn't cutting it :(

9. ADO with Microsoft Oracle OLE DB Provider.

10. Unable to connect Oracle using the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle

11. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC - no DNS

12. Microsoft Jet 3.51 Ole Db Provider, where is?