How create simple text file and populate?
Author Message
 How create simple text file and populate?

I'm looking for the best/easiest way to create a text file from within
VB.NET.  As I undderstand it, FSO is out and System.IO is in.  Anybody have
some quick code?

I.E. Create a file "MyFile.txt" and add a line of text "This is a test...".

Thanks,
Ron

Ronald S. Cook, MCSD, MCT
Sr. Systems Consultant
Westin Information Services, Inc.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 04 May 2005 06:24:05 GMT
 How create simple text file and populate?
this link should help...

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/howto/

Quote:
> I'm looking for the best/easiest way to create a text file from within
> VB.NET.  As I undderstand it, FSO is out and System.IO is in.  Anybody
have
> some quick code?

> I.E. Create a file "MyFile.txt" and add a line of text "This is a
test...".

> Thanks,
> Ron

> Ronald S. Cook, MCSD, MCT
> Sr. Systems Consultant
> Westin Information Services, Inc.
> http://www.westinis.com

Wed, 04 May 2005 06:28:02 GMT

1. Simple methods for generating and populating text files?

2. Write contents of listbox to text file/populate listbox from text file

3. Populate Recipient filed with contents of text file

4. Populate DataGrid From Text File - Without ADO.NET

5. Populating Text Boxes with a file

6. Another ? about populating Text Boxes with a File

7. How to populate a DB from text file....

8. populate list box with text file

9. populating a combo box with an external text file

10. Populating a list box with a text file

11. Populating listbox with values from a text file

12. Populate a listbox with entries from a text file