BUGS in MDI Children forms
Author Message
 BUGS in MDI Children forms

Has anyone come across any bugs (or know of fixes) with
forms that are MDI children.  I create the forms on the
fly and make them MDI children in code.

I have found that if a form is an MDI child then if you
try to DELETE (forward delete not backspace key) text in
a textbox it doesnt work (it doesnt even see the keydown
event).  IF i comment out the code to make the form an
MDI child then the key works.

I have also found that if i have two or more forms as MDI
children then the Activated Event in the second or
subsequent instantiated form does not fire.

Any workarounds?
Microsoft - got any ideas??????

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:57:08 GMT
 BUGS in MDI Children forms
Hi Mark,

Where did the TextBox located, on the MdiChild Form? I tried what you said,
but failed to reproduce the problem. Can you post a code snippet? As for
the second question, since the Activated event does not seems to get fired
for MDI Child forms (I am not sure at the moment if this behavior is
comfirmed as a bug), you can try to trap the MdiChildActivate event of the
parent form instead. This event is fired when MDI child form is activated
or closed within an MDI application and you can retrieve the reference to
the child form from the object "sender".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Felix Wu
=============

--------------------

>Subject: BUGS in MDI Children forms
>Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 20:57:08 -0700

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

>Has anyone come across any bugs (or know of fixes) with
>forms that are MDI children.  I create the forms on the
>fly and make them MDI children in code.

>I have found that if a form is an MDI child then if you
>try to DELETE (forward delete not backspace key) text in
>a textbox it doesnt work (it doesnt even see the keydown
>event).  IF i comment out the code to make the form an
>MDI child then the key works.

>I have also found that if i have two or more forms as MDI
>children then the Activated Event in the second or
>subsequent instantiated form does not fire.

>Any workarounds?
>Microsoft - got any ideas??????

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:41:30 GMT

1. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

2. Major bug with MDI child forms! Anyone else experience this?

3. ****ANYONE EXPERIENCE BUG WITH MAX WIN95 MDI CHILD FORM??***

4. HELP: BUG: Maximized Win95 MDI Child Form Disappears

5. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

6. Make a reference to a MDI form with a reference of a MDI child form

7. MDI-Child form and positon on MDI-form

8. Developing OLE MDI Child forms displayed on Control MDI Form

9. MDI child forms on top of a picture on a MDI form

10. Help with MDI Forms and MDI child forms

11. Modal non MDI forms and Modeless MDI child forms in VB 5.0

12. Allow MDI Child form to overlap Aligned Picture Box in MDI Form