VB6.EXE keeps crashing (references CCW) - it is caught in VS.NET
Author Message
 VB6.EXE keeps crashing (references CCW) - it is caught in VS.NET

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException'
(or sometimes ..'System.ExecutionEngineException')
occurred in Unknown Module (or sometimes in DefaultDomain).

Additional information: External component has thrown an exception.
----------------------
77F827E8 ret 0Ch
----------------------

I get the above frequently with a standard exe project that runs in VB6
referencing .NET dlls (that were upgraded from ActiveX DLLs). When the
client referenced the ActiveX DLLs this never happened...

Also the VB6 IDE just dissappears while running the exe sometimes (no GPF
just vanish)...

After upgrading the client to .NET as well, I see in the Output(Debug)
window:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException'
occurred in system.windows.forms.dll
Additional information: External component has thrown an exception.

The above follows a number of First-chance exceptions regarding Privileged
instructions...

Any ideas on how on debug this further based on the limited information I
offer?

Cheers
Daniel

Sun, 03 Oct 2004 20:15:04 GMT
 VB6.EXE keeps crashing (references CCW) - it is caught in VS.NET
Daniel,

I think it would be best to open an incident if you want to troubleshoot
this further.  More information is needed to narrow this down.

BTW - The VB6 IDE vanishing is due to a crash even though you get no
message.

 Thank You,
 Dale Roberson
 Microsoft Developer Support

reserved.

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:09:30 GMT
 VB6.EXE keeps crashing (references CCW) - it is caught in VS.NET
Thanks

If I don't get any suggestions for how to further debug it myself and I fail
to get to the bottom of it I will use one of my MSDN lives...

Cheers
Daniel

Quote:
> Daniel,

> I think it would be best to open an incident if you want to troubleshoot
> this further.  More information is needed to narrow this down.

> BTW - The VB6 IDE vanishing is due to a crash even though you get no
> message.

>  Thank You,
>  Dale Roberson
>  Microsoft Developer Support

>  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
>  You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All
rights
> reserved.

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:24:17 GMT

1. Newbie confused: VB6 vs VB.Net vs VBScript vs VBA

2. Newbie confused: VB6 vs VB.Net vs VBscript vs VBA

3. explorer.exe keeps crashing HELP!!!!!!

4. VB6/ASP vs .NET/ASP.NET development

5. Where are the VB6 Reference entries kept?

6. BUG: VB.NET compiler crashes itself or the IDE, when referencing C# DLL

7. VB6 crash when select Project->Reference

8. VS.NET IDE crashes while adding resource

9. VB6 IDE crashes when reference local DLL that uses a remote MTS DLL

10. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time

11. setting a reference in vs.net

12. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time