calling C++ functions from VB
Author Message
 calling C++ functions from VB

hello,

i am writing a simple C++ DLL (MFC) and i wish to call it
from my VB GUI. I can send strings to the DLL okay, but
any functions that RETURN strings in the DLL to the VB
progg don't work.

help!

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 06:53:53 GMT
 calling C++ functions from VB
If u mean "return"-ing from cpp than maybe u should not try to return
strings from functions , but instead try to pass a pointer of VB's string
after allocating enough memory to it and than from cpp copy the contents to
the passed pointer location. Thats how all the win32apis do it.

Quote:
> hello,

> i am writing a simple C++ DLL (MFC) and i wish to call it
> from my VB GUI. I can send strings to the DLL okay, but
> any functions that RETURN strings in the DLL to the VB
> progg don't work.

> help!

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:54:08 GMT

1. error calling c++ function in vb

2. Calling a C++ DLL function which takes an C++ object as parameter

3. Calling a VB function in C++

4. Calling a VB function from within a C++ DLL interrupt

5. Calling a VB function in C++

6. How to call a C/C++ functions from VB

7. Call C/C++ functions from VB?

8. Calling vb functions with variant parms from c++

9. VB calling C++ Dll function twice?

10. Calling a VB function/procedure from Visual C++ DLL

11. Calling a function in a C++ Win32 Dll from VB 6

12. Calling a VB function from a C++ DLL