Unable to return ouput parameters to VB.net component - novice question
Author Message
 Unable to return ouput parameters to VB.net component - novice question

Hi ,

I am trying to return some parameters from a stored procedure into a VB.net
component I have one parameter that is an integer and one that is a string
and I keep getting the error message saying that the function cannot be
converted to a string. In this instance where one parameter has integer
value and one has a string what syntax do I use? I have pasted some code
below if someone could offer some help that would be great.

Sean

Public Class CustomerInfo

Public customerId As Integer

Public RetVal As String

End Class

Dim myCustomerDetails As CustomerInfo = New CustomerInfo()

myCustomerDetails.customerId = CInt(parameterCustomerID.Value)

myCustomerDetails.RetVal = CStr(parameterRetVal.Value)

Return myCustomerDetails

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:46:01 GMT

1. Return values from VB.net component - Novice Question

2. Returning Dataset to ASP.NET from .NET Component / Business Object Serialization

3. Unable to return output parameters - please help

4. Question on passing array parameters to VB.NET Sub/Function

5. vb .net novice please help

6. Unable to return float, always returning int with ADO, IIS and SQLServer

7. debugging vb.net upgraded component in asp.net

8. OCX to NET components required for VB.NET??

9. Unable to find Crystal Report Control in VB Project Components

10. Unable to invoke variable parameter DLL functions from VB 4.0

11. Unable to invoke variable parameter DLL function from VB 4.0

12. MTS component returning a recordset question