using dynamic properties in windows service
Author Message
 using dynamic properties in windows service

I want to run the same windows service under two names
without recompiling.

I changed the service name to a dynamic property but
installutill dies when trying to register it.

Is it possible to use dynamic properities in a windows
servcice.

... or ....

Can I generate two instances of the same service when it
starts.  (Don't know how to do that)

Any ideas/help would be appreciated

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 05:08:33 GMT

1. Windows Service - Security Properties - account property

2. Form Dynamic property , app Dynamic property ?

3. Invoking Windows Services property window from VB/VC++

4. Invoking Windows Services property window from VB/VC++

5. Windows Service Properties

6. Using WMI to obtain dependent services (restarting services and all dependent services)

7. Changing a property in a service using system.management and WMI

8. How Can I Create a Property Windows Like VB5 Properties Window

9. Remoting using a window service

10. Using windows service to connect to Exchange server

11. windows service using VB.NET

12. Windows Service Install Using InstallUtil.exe