Form Designer code / form design window not synched on FlexGrid control
Author Message
 Form Designer code / form design window not synched on FlexGrid control

I put a C1FlexGrid on a form named frmMain, and name the flexgrid
TestGrid.  I look at the Windows Form Designer generated code region
and see that the grid's columns collection property specifies 10
columns.  I go to the [Design] page and go to TestGrid's properties,
and modify the collection down to 5 columns (which causes the flexgrid
on the screen to shrink from 10 columns to 5) and I go back and look
at the region.  Instead of the region's code being updated, it's still
says 10 columns in its property collection.  Effectively, the Form
Designer code says 10 columns (and if I run the app, that's what I'll
get), but if I go over to the [Design] page the grid control shows
only 5 columns on screen, and if I look at TestGrid's properties,
it'll report that the column count is only 5.

If I explicitly change the property within the region to 5 columns, I
can run the app and have a 5-columned grid.  However, if I go to the
[Design] page and set TestGrid's column count property to 6, and then
now been set back to 10.

Maybe I'm just missing something, but I'm completely baffled right
now.  I use this control every day and have never seen anything like
this.  What could be going on?

thanks,
-matt

Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:25:12 GMT
 Form Designer code / form design window not synched on FlexGrid control
Re-referencing the control fixed the problem.  Strange.

-matt

Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:59:23 GMT

1. Windows forms designer automatically adds code that sets properties of custom controls

2. custom form control: Cannot view design view of forms that inherit this form

3. Windows Form Designer generated code

4. Create custom control in form using code (code wizard adding ocx to form)

5. Creating a runtime Windows forms designer

6. Data Form Designer does not work w/Access 7

7. VB Form Designer cannot load a form

8. prohibit form designer to call a property on a form

9. Data Form Designer Form Locks Up VB4

10. Control could not show a form in a Modal form

11. Control could not show a form in a modal form

12. Form Designer vs. Add Form