Blank .text value for DateTimePicker control
Author Message
 Blank .text value for DateTimePicker control

Can anyone tell me how to display a blank value for the MS DateTimePicker?
I've read a few old articles that either give a useless workaround(.Format =
DateTimePickerFormat.Custom, .CustomFormat = " ") or simply mention that
it's impossible.  Was the .text property added to the .NET version (not
mentioned in older articles) and if so, should I not be able to have .text =
"" no matter what the .value is, to simply display a blank date to the user
before they click the control?  I wouldn't be able to use this control if
it's not doable, as a default date doesn't make sense for what I'm trying to
do.

Thanks,
Mike O'Connor

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 03:50:56 GMT
 Blank .text value for DateTimePicker control
Hello,

Quote:
> Can anyone tell me how to display a blank value for the
> MS DateTimePicker?

Set the control's ShowCheckBox property to True. The state of the
checkbox indicates whether a value is specified or not.

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
MVP VB Classic, VB .NET
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 03:56:29 GMT

1. setting the datetimepicker to be a blank value

2. How do I get the DateTimePicker Control's value on a web page

3. Displaying blank dates in DateTimePicker...

4. DateTimePicker with blank date

5. Set DateTimePicker Display to Blank

6. DateTimePicker: How to Clear a value once chosen

7. DateTime class and DateTimePicker.Value property...

8. DateTimePicker value

9. DateTimePicker Value Wrong

10. DateTimePicker -Manually entered value Not Saved less than 5 seconds later

11. Blank space at beginning of paragraph when Text Interpretation is set to HTML Text

12. DateTimePicker and other controls from Windows Common Controls-2 6.0