ADO connection fails
Author Message
 ADO connection fails

Using the new beta of VB7, I am trying to create a connection to a remote
SQL 2000 DB- which is on the same domain. The authentication to the DB is
Windows NT/2000 only. I use the server explorer to define the connection,
and it work well- I actually can browse all the DB objects, including the
tables, SPs and so on. When I drag the connection into my project, it would
automatically add a line to my code with the connection string. When I try
to open this connection I am getting an error says login failed for user
domainname/machinename1$. while the machine name is the name of the machine
I am trying to execute my project. If I use a VB6 or ASP(not plus) to
connect the DB, I have no problems.

Any Idea?

Thanks,

Alon Weinberg

Mon, 05 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO connection fails
Help!

Can I use ADO on random access files (not access data bases)?

Please reply.

Quote:

> Using the new beta of VB7, I am trying to create a connection to a remote
> SQL 2000 DB- which is on the same domain. The authentication to the DB is
> Windows NT/2000 only. I use the server explorer to define the connection,
> and it work well- I actually can browse all the DB objects, including the
> tables, SPs and so on. When I drag the connection into my project, it would
> automatically add a line to my code with the connection string. When I try
> to open this connection I am getting an error says login failed for user
> domainname/machinename1$. while the machine name is the name of the machine
> I am trying to execute my project. If I use a VB6 or ASP(not plus) to
> connect the DB, I have no problems.

> Any Idea?

> Thanks,

> Alon Weinberg

Tue, 06 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO Connection fails with 'sa'

2. ADO Connection failing after few successes

3. ADO connection passed to a DLL fails to maintain valid connection

4. ADO control works while ADO Connection String fails

5. Connection Fail after installation - dbnmpntw write() connection fail

6. Connection Fail after installation - dbnmpntw write() connection fail

7. ?ADO connection reference passed to dll failing

8. ADO Connection to Oracle DB with Arabic Username Fails

9. Q: ADO Connection / Properties failed!?

10. ADO Test Connection Suddenly Failing?!?!?!?!

11. Connection Problem - ado failover connection

12. ADO Connection State Does Not Reflect Actual Connection State