How to get Real Player, winamp, quicktime installation details in registry
Author Message
 How to get Real Player, winamp, quicktime installation details in registry

Hi Friends,

I am trying to find out whether Real Player , Winamp,
QuickTime is installed on a machine (Win 98/Win
NT/Win2K/XP).

I tried to find this information in registry using VB 6.0.
Unfortunately I could not find proper and standard place
where such entried are present. Actually I also need to
know the versions of above apps if they are installed.
Could you please guid me if you have any information on
this.

It will be great if you suggest me any API which does
above work.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Umesh

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 14:28:40 GMT
 How to get Real Player, winamp, quicktime installation details in registry
Most of these are shell related and driven extensions, so HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
is probably your best source for this information. For Example:

C:\PROGRA~1\QUICKT~1\QuickTimePlayer.exe -u"%1"

is under the QUICKTIME subkey off HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

You can find out what version is installed by running the version APIs
against the exes once you've found them in the registry.

Quote:
> Hi Friends,

> I am trying to find out whether Real Player , Winamp,
> QuickTime is installed on a machine (Win 98/Win
> NT/Win2K/XP).

> I tried to find this information in registry using VB 6.0.
> Unfortunately I could not find proper and standard place
> where such entried are present. Actually I also need to
> know the versions of above apps if they are installed.
> Could you please guid me if you have any information on
> this.

> It will be great if you suggest me any API which does
> above work.

> Looking forward to your reply.

> Regards,
> Umesh

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 21:17:14 GMT

1. Playing Media Files (Quicktime/real player/win media)

2. Winamp audio player (MP3),realaudio player control and store .wav file in database

3. Winamp audio player (MP3),realaudio player control and store .wav file in database

4. Media Player or Real Player

5. bar/line animation like in winamp player

6. PostMessage to WinAmp mp3 player

7. adding quicktime player to MDI?

8. Real Player

9. Impersonating Real Player?