Com interop problem with Framework 1.1
Author Message
 Com interop problem with Framework 1.1

I have upgraded my VStudio to the Final Beta.
Now have a problem with this code:

Dim VisualStudio As DTEClass
VisualStudio = New EnvDTE.DTEClass

This throws an Com interop exeception: COM object with CLSID
{3C9CFE1E-389F-4118-9FAD-365385190329} is either not valid or not
registered.
This is the regisrty enrty for envDTE.DTEClass.
The envdte.dll is in the framework v1.1 directory.
I registered it with regasm (the v1.1 version). When I check the result in
the registry I see that the RuntimeVersion key is set v1.0. Can that be a
problem? I changed it to v1.1 but the same error was thrown.

This code worked fine in the previous version.

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 06:56:23 GMT
 Com interop problem with Framework 1.1
Hi,  jvv,

Try this, first add a reference to EnvDTE via Project->Add Reference and add
EnvDTE, then modify the code

Dim VisualStudio As EnvDTE.DTEClass

VisualStudio = New EnvDTE.DTEClass()

Will it work?

Thanks,
Tony
--

-----------------------

> I have upgraded my VStudio to the Final Beta.
> Now have a problem with this code:

> Dim VisualStudio As DTEClass
> VisualStudio = New EnvDTE.DTEClass

> This throws an Com interop exeception: COM object with CLSID
> {3C9CFE1E-389F-4118-9FAD-365385190329} is either not valid or not
> registered.
> This is the regisrty enrty for envDTE.DTEClass.
> The envdte.dll is in the framework v1.1 directory.
> I registered it with regasm (the v1.1 version). When I check the result in
> the registry I see that the RuntimeVersion key is set v1.0. Can that be a
> problem? I changed it to v1.1 but the same error was thrown.

> This code worked fine in the previous version.

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:01:27 GMT
 Com interop problem with Framework 1.1
No, it did not work :-((((

I've reinstalled the Framework and VS2003. What i see in the registry now
is: RuntimeVersion = COMPLUS.

By the way: in the Object Browser some properties and methods of envDTE are
greyed. What does that mean??

Quote:
> Hi,  jvv,

> Try this, first add a reference to EnvDTE via Project->Add Reference and
add
> EnvDTE, then modify the code

> Dim VisualStudio As EnvDTE.DTEClass

> VisualStudio = New EnvDTE.DTEClass()

> Will it work?

> Thanks,
> Tony
> --

> -----------------------

> > I have upgraded my VStudio to the Final Beta.
> > Now have a problem with this code:

> > Dim VisualStudio As DTEClass
> > VisualStudio = New EnvDTE.DTEClass

> > This throws an Com interop exeception: COM object with CLSID
> > {3C9CFE1E-389F-4118-9FAD-365385190329} is either not valid or not
> > registered.
> > This is the regisrty enrty for envDTE.DTEClass.
> > The envdte.dll is in the framework v1.1 directory.
> > I registered it with regasm (the v1.1 version). When I check the result
in
> > the registry I see that the RuntimeVersion key is set v1.0. Can that be
> > problem? I changed it to v1.1 but the same error was thrown.

> > This code worked fine in the previous version.

Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:54:48 GMT

1. Browser control problems fixed in framework 1.1?

2. Problem with Forms.KeyPressEventArgs under Framework 1.1

3. Browser control problems fixed in framework 1.1?

4. HELP ! problem with framework 1.1

5. return dataset from oledatareader + documentation error (1.1 framework)

6. test for dotnet framework if installed 1.1

7. ANN: Framework 1.1 Deployment Guide

8. FrameWork 1.1

9. .NET Framework 1.1 and Visual Studio 2002

10. FrameWork 1.1

11. FrameWork 1.1

12. .NET Framework 1.1 and VB.Net Performance - ?