Yet another VB.NET bug
Author Message
 Yet another VB.NET bug

Hi there,

    Has anyone had any issues with the form designer grid?  I have just gone
to add a control to a form and its not aligned with any other controls.  I
know for sure that I have never changed the grid size.  So I thought maybe
if I halved the grid size I might be able to get the new button aligned,
nope, changing the grid does absolutly nothing to the active project, even
telling it to NOT show the grid, the grid stayed.  Anyone else experience
this?

Nick.

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:33:18 GMT
 Yet another VB.NET bug

Quote:

I haven't experienced what you say.  But when you add
controls to a form with snap-to-grid on then the controls
will align themselves with the grid, not with other
controls on the form.  Different controls have different
appearances so they may appear out of line if they both
snap to the grid.  To assist in lining them up select the
controls you want to align and then use the
Format..Align.. menu to choose the correct alignment.

RC.

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:08:04 GMT
 Yet another VB.NET bug
Hmmm, Im a bit annoyed as to why they are on a different grid scale in the
first place.  Ive never even changed it.

Nick.

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:20:56 GMT
 Yet another VB.NET bug

Quote:

It's not that they are on a different scale, they are
just different.  It is frustrating but I suppose it will
effect some people more or less depending on what they
expect.  If you put two text boxes on a form then they
will line up.  However, if you put a text box and a label
on a form, it's sometimes difficult to get the grid to
align them as you would want them.  In which case you
need to use the align options.

I find the best way is to put the controls on your form
and don't bother with perfect positioning.  Then when
your form is working the way you want it to, align the
controls as required.  That way at least while you are
working on the form, if you choose to alter something it
doesn't mean re-aligning.

RC.

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 04:35:05 GMT
 Yet another VB.NET bug

Quote:
> It's not that they are on a different scale, they are
> just different.  It is frustrating but I suppose it will
> effect some people more or less depending on what they
> expect.  If you put two text boxes on a form then they
> will line up.  However, if you put a text box and a label
> on a form, it's sometimes difficult to get the grid to
> align them as you would want them.  In which case you
> need to use the align options.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I first noticed it when I went to draw a command
button next to an existing command button, I cant get the two to line up
vertically.  I wouldnt worry about it tho, I'll suffer.  But nice idea about
the form designing, I tend to do that very similarly, I dont believe in GUI
before the program, I program then make the GUI.

Nick.

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 06:42:07 GMT

1. yet another VB bug

2. VB Setup and Format Bugs - Yet another?

3. My Bug or VB.Net Bug ???

4. Bug in VisualStudio.NET editor for VB.NET

5. ADO.Net to fetch ActiveDirectory this function bugs in Asp.net but works in Vb.n

6. VB.NET and large solutions - not ready yet!

7. Yet another reason why FINDFIRST SUCKS GOAT NUTS (escaped quote bug)

8. Yet another DBCombo Bug?

9. Yet another VB5 bug; Z-order messed up

10. ListView YAB (Yet Another Bug)...

11. Yet another Sheridan OCX bug (THREED32.OCX)

12. Yet Another VB4 Bug?