deploying windows service application (vb.net)
Author Message
 deploying windows service application (vb.net)

Hi all,

I've created a windows service application in VB.Net and I'm now trying to
create a setup project to deploy it on other computers.
Creating a setup project is no problem, but I cannot find how to register my
service in Windows so that is appears in the list of services.
The setup project installs all my files properly under "c:\program
files\programname" but nowhere I can find an action to make it register the
service on the target computer.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,
Michiel Peene

Fri, 13 May 2005 21:40:20 GMT
 deploying windows service application (vb.net)
So, there a recap:

(1) The registry editor for setup projects allows you to enter whatever
registry info is necessary for the application.
(2) If you select the project output in the file system editor, you will see
options for registering the component at install time.
(3) Custom actions can be used to do further work after the install.

For an example for how to handle registration of services specifically,
please see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbco...
vbwlkWalkthroughCreatingWindowsServiceApplication.asp.

Matt & Sam
VB Team

> Hi all,

> I've created a windows service application in VB.Net and I'm now trying to
> create a setup project to deploy it on other computers.
> Creating a setup project is no problem, but I cannot find how to register
my
> service in Windows so that is appears in the list of services.
> The setup project installs all my files properly under "c:\program
> files\programname" but nowhere I can find an action to make it register
the
> service on the target computer.
> Does anyone know how to do this?

> Thanks a lot for your help!

> Regards,
> Michiel Peene

Sat, 14 May 2005 05:36:43 GMT

1. Deploying vb.net windows form application on a pc without the .net framework

2. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

3. Windows Service in VB.NET - Failed to process service command

4. Deploying MSDE along with VB.Net application

5. I have been trying to deploy a Beta 2 VB.net application with crystal

6. Deploying VB.NET application => Security Problems

7. Deploying Applications Using VB.NET, anyone?

8. Deploying Applications Using VB.NET, anyone?

9. Load Report Failed in deploying CR9 + VB.NET application

10. Deploying Beta 2 VB.Net applications with crystal reports

11. Deploy dotnet windows application in windows 95/98

12. Deploy windows service to other machines???