Cursor bug with combobox ??!
Author Message
 Cursor bug with combobox ??!

Hi.

Something strange i can't explain:
I have a form with a ComboBox and 4 items.
With the code below, the "wait cursor" is displayed only if the selected
item is the first one of the ComboBox.
But if i put exactly the same code on the click event of a button, there is
no problem.

Any idea ??

Code:

Private Sub MyComboBox_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender as Object, ByVal e
as System.EventArgs) Handles MyComboBox.SelectedIndexChanged

    Cursor=Cursors.WaitCursors    'Only works if the selected item is the
first one
    Dim mCompte As New Compte()
    mCompte.Show()
    Me.Close()

End Sub

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 05:03:14 GMT
 Cursor bug with combobox ??!
Hello,

Quote:
> I have a form with a ComboBox and 4 items.
> With the code below, the "wait cursor" is displayed
> only if the selected item is the first one of the ComboBox.

I created a ComboBox and set the cursor to Wait in the
SelectedIndexChanged event and it worked as expected. I used .NET 1.0.

Quote:
> Private Sub MyComboBox_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender as Object,
ByVal e
> as System.EventArgs) Handles MyComboBox.SelectedIndexChanged

>     Cursor=Cursors.WaitCursors    'Only works if the selected item is
the
> first one
>     Dim mCompte As New Compte()
>     mCompte.Show()
>     Me.Close()

> End Sub

Which DropDownStyle do you use? Does this behavior still exist if you
remove the last two lines from the handler?

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
MVP VB Classic, VB .NET
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 22:40:12 GMT

1. Setting cursor position in combobox text area

2. ComboBox Cursor Location?

3. combobox win2000 - no cursor

4. RDO Cursor Bug?

5. BUG: ComboBox as the first control on an UserControl

6. Bug in ComboBox

7. Bound ComboBox "Bug"?

8. Non-bugged combobox in DataGrid?

9. ComboBox Bugs