Saving Images to Projects... 
Author Message
 Saving Images to Projects...

I am trying to save .jpg's or .bmp's to my project so that
it does not have to search through windows directory's to
get to it. (ex: imgMoon.Picture = LoadPicture
("C:\windows\etc\etc")   )
is there a way to embed the pictures into the project so I
can call it? as maybe an array or something?
please explain in steps if you know how. I want to be able
to give out my program without worrying about them .exe
searching for the pictures. Thank You.
-Joseph


Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:28:31 GMT  
 Saving Images to Projects...
Hello,


Quote:
> I am trying to save .jpg's or .bmp's to my project so that
> it does not have to search through windows directory's to
> get to it. (ex: imgMoon.Picture = LoadPicture
> ("C:\windows\etc\etc")   )

Seems to be a VB-Classic (VB6) related question:


Quote:
> is there a way to embed the pictures into the project so I
> can call it? as maybe an array or something?

Resource files. You can load the images using LoadResPicture (have a
look at the documentation).

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner



Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:32:46 GMT  
 Saving Images to Projects...
i was reading about resources, but i couldnt get it to
work...if I am using VB6, how do I add a resource
file...also...once I have a resource file...how do I add
the pictures to it...and finally...in the code...how do I
call the individual pictures? LoadResPictures..?
Thanks
-Joseph
Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Hello,


>> I am trying to save .jpg's or .bmp's to my project so
that
>> it does not have to search through windows directory's
to
>> get to it. (ex: imgMoon.Picture = LoadPicture
>> ("C:\windows\etc\etc")   )

>Seems to be a VB-Classic (VB6) related question:


>> is there a way to embed the pictures into the project
so I
>> can call it? as maybe an array or something?

>Resource files. You can load the images using

LoadResPicture (have a

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>look at the documentation).

>Regards,
>Herfried K. Wagner

>.



Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:19:49 GMT  
 Saving Images to Projects...
Hello Joseph,


Quote:
> i was reading about resources, but i couldnt get it to
> work...if I am using VB6, how do I add a resource
> file...also...once I have a resource file...how do I add
> the pictures to it...and finally...in the code...how do I
> call the individual pictures? LoadResPictures..?

Post your question in the VB6 ng:


Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner



Mon, 17 Oct 2005 01:38:23 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Consolidate projects without prompt to save the included project files

2. After adding tasks outside of MS Project, saving in MS Project deletes them

3. How to save my drawing graphic as image???i did load from image

4. I need to save an image from an image list to a file

5. Saving WANG image control images

6. Retrieve Bitmap of preview image - Summary Info - Save Preview Image

7. Save image in Sql Server and retrieve image from sqlserver to vb

8. Saving code of referenced .MDB project

9. do you want to save project?

10. Where is the project saved?

11. Digital certificate is always lost when saving VBA project

12. Saving Project without Prompt

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software