Crystal Report - Error in connection to SQL - Server
Author Message
 Crystal Report - Error in connection to SQL - Server

Hi!
Need some help. I've just started to work with Crystal
Report an VB6 and I would like to open an Report with the
Report Control OCX. It works fine as long as there is no
password for the SQL-Server. The report is shown without
any problems.
But after giving the Server a password I get the runtime
error 20599 SQL Server has not been opened... I've no idea
how to give the report the password for the database.
I would be gratefull for any helb...thanx so long - Annika

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:03:26 GMT
 Crystal Report - Error in connection to SQL - Server
This is the wrong group for this.  Try the 'microsoft.public.vb.crystal'
group. I am sure you'll find your answer there.

However, it sounds like you're not explicitly setting the connection info
for *every* table in the report. The connection must be set for each table,
and for each table in all subreports also. A simple loop and I'm sure you'll
find plenty of examples in the appropriate group.
--

-Ryan

Hi!
Need some help. I've just started to work with Crystal
Report an VB6 and I would like to open an Report with the
Report Control OCX. It works fine as long as there is no
password for the SQL-Server. The report is shown without
any problems.
But after giving the Server a password I get the runtime
error 20599 SQL Server has not been opened... I've no idea
how to give the report the password for the database.
I would be gratefull for any helb...thanx so long - Annika

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:06:42 GMT

1. Using existing Connection to SQL-Server in Crystal Report 6 OCX

2. SQL Server error with Crystal Reports

3. SQL Server Error 20527 when opening Crystal Report from VB

4. Running Crystal Report Web Component Server and SQL Server on different machines

5. Crystal Web Reports Server 7 string parameters arent being passed to SQL Server StoredProc

6. SQL Server report with Crystal Reports and VB5.0

7. Crystal 5 Connecting to 2 ODBC connections (One SQL Server, the other ACCESS)

8. DSN-Less Crystal Connection to SQL Server

9. Crytal report and connection to SQL server

10. CR8 Report Connection/SQL Server 7.0

11. How to change a report to use NT trusted connection from SQL Server authentication

12. Good Reporting Tool for VB to SQL (Currently Use Crystal) or Crystal w/SQL Help Appreciated