Difference between build and rebuild in VB.NET?
Author Message
 Difference between build and rebuild in VB.NET?

Hi there,

Can anybody explain to me what the difference is between building and
rebuilding a project or solution in Visual Basic .NET?!

Best regards,
Philippe

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:30:50 GMT
 Difference between build and rebuild in VB.NET?
Hi Rubbrecht,

The difference is pretty minor. Rebuild starts from scratch, whereas
build may use parts that are cached and don't need re-doing. Rebuild
comes in handy when you encounter an error in the build and it doesn't
seem toi want to clear, such as if you have a file lock or similar.  So
normally you can use Build, but if you get into trouble try ReBuild.

Quote:
> Hi there,

> Can anybody explain to me what the difference is between building and
> rebuilding a project or solution in Visual Basic .NET?!

> Best regards,
> Philippe

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:42:40 GMT

1. Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003

2. What is the difference between build solution and build application

3. VB.net and ASP.net what is the difference

4. CONFIG file rebuilt on every build

5. Build differs from Rebuild

6. Differences between VB.NET and VSPro.NET?

7. Build or rebuild ?

8. Remaining differences VB.NET <> C++.NET

9. Difference between registering vb user control .ocx and building it on target machine

10. Difference between VB 6 & Vb.Net

11. differences to VB 6 for VB.NET

12. differences to VB 6 for VB.NET