ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET
Author Message
 ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET

Quote:
> I have an aspx page that is connecting to a microsoft
> access database.  I'm connecting fine to the database.  I
> can run my requested SQL statement.  I return one field
> from a single record out of my recordset.  At this point
> all the texts I've seen have me Bind this information to a
> datagrid.  What I need to do is capture this single piece
> of information into a variable.  Can anyone assist me with
> this?

Hi,

You just need to create a variable and get the value from the recordset into
the variable.

Something like:

    Dim str As String
    Dim reader as OldDbDataReader

    ' Get the data from the database

    str = reader.Item("FIELD_NAME")

(I'm not a VB expert so I added the VB group incase someone has better
code).

Peter

--

This must be the disclaimer I waited years to read:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 08:44:38 GMT

1. ADO.Net to fetch ActiveDirectory this function bugs in Asp.net but works in Vb.n

2. Crystal Reports from ASP.NET without compiling VB.NET on SQL/ADO changes

3. ASP .Net using VB .Net Speed issue

4. Using VB.NET programming ASP.NET

5. Transferring data through internet in VB.net without using ASP.Net

6. Html editing in a asp.net project using vb.net

7. what create table using ADO.NET to VB.NET

8. I can not INSERT into Access95 using ADO.net and VB.NET

9. Using VB.Net, ADO.Net and Access

10. Fatal Error, using VB .NET + ADO .NET

11. INSERT into access database using vb.net/ado.net..problem

12. ADO.Net/ASP.Net strategies for tabulating resultsets