How can I find the computer (brand) name
Author Message
 How can I find the computer (brand) name

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:01:34 GMT
 How can I find the computer (brand) name
Look at the sticker on the outside of the case.

--
Jonathan Allen

.Net Wish List Site: http://jonathan.cloverlink.com/

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:58:17 GMT
 How can I find the computer (brand) name
Use the Management namespace classes and query the WMI class 'win32_computesystem' to retrieve the Manufacturer property.

Willy.

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:44:59 GMT
 How can I find the computer (brand) name
What if mine is an assembled one !!
:)

Quote:
> Look at the sticker on the outside of the case.

> --
> Jonathan Allen

> .Net Wish List Site: http://jonathan.cloverlink.com/

Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:23:07 GMT
 How can I find the computer (brand) name
My new motherboard came with a sticker that fit in the little square in the
front of the case. So I guess until last year I had a "" computer, and now I
have an "Asus" computer.

Anyways, the OS has no way of knowing that information. There may be a way
to specify that information if you use a OEM install, but that only lasts
until the first time you format the hard drive and reinstall your OS.

--
Jonathan Allen

.Net Wish List Site: http://jonathan.cloverlink.com/

Quote:
> What if mine is an assembled one !!
> :)

> > Look at the sticker on the outside of the case.

> > --
> > Jonathan Allen

> > .Net Wish List Site: http://jonathan.cloverlink.com/

Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:50:43 GMT
 How can I find the computer (brand) name
If you have a PC2001 compliant BIOS, W2K and higher can present SMBIOS static table data in WMI.
Try the following sample, the 'Manufacturer' property will return the BIOS or  Mainboard or Systems manufacturer identification if
PC2001 compliant, else it will be empty.

Imports System
Imports System.Management
Module Module1
Sub Main()
  Dim mc as ManagementClass
  Dim moc as ManagementObjectCollection
  Dim mo as ManagementObject
  mc = new ManagementClass("Win32_ComputerSystem")
  moc = mc.GetInstances()
  for each  mo in moc
    Console.WriteLine("Manufacturer :{0} - Model: {1}", mo.Item("Manufacturer").ToString(), mo.Item("Model").ToString())
  next
End Sub
End Module

Willy.

Quote:

> What if mine is an assembled one !!
> :)

> > Look at the sticker on the outside of the case.

> > --
> > Jonathan Allen

> > .Net Wish List Site: http://jonathan.cloverlink.com/

Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:12:45 GMT

1. How to find current computer/machine name?

2. How find name of computer

3. Find Computer Name in VB3

4. How to find the name of my computer?

5. Finding the names of computers on the network???

6. Find Computer name

7. Finding Computer Names on a Network for use with WMI

8. ADSI:GetObject network path not found reading info other than the current computer name

9. Need sample for finding computer names?

10. Find Computer Name in VB3

11. Finding all the friendly computer names on a LAN

12. How to find computer name?