Opening a word document from a web form
Author Message
 Opening a word document from a web form

Hello, in ASP i was able to automate Word with few lines of code.. In
ASP.NET the same code doesn't work..

I have used TLBIMP to get WORD.DLL, but then how do i use it ?

Thanks in advance

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:16:01 GMT
 Opening a word document from a web form
See this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304643

Quote:
> Hello, in ASP i was able to automate Word with few lines of code.. In
> ASP.NET the same code doesn't work..

> I have used TLBIMP to get WORD.DLL, but then how do i use it ?

> Thanks in advance

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:50:09 GMT
 Opening a word document from a web form
Hi,

You can automate Word in .NET as demonstrated in the following article:
HOW TO: Automate Word from Visual Basic .NET to Create a New Document
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316383

However, server-side automation of Office, such as ASP.NET, is really not
recommended because of the issues listed in the following article:
INFO: Considerations for Server-Side Automation of Office
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q257757

Regards,
Elan Zhou
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Mon, 02 May 2005 13:04:59 GMT

1. Trouble Opening a Word Document with VB.NET,Open member not found in Documents

2. web page for open, edit and submit a word document

3. Creating Word Document from Form Entry on Web Pages

4. convert web form to MS word document and save to database

5. convert web form to MS word document and save to database

6. Opening specified Word documents per record in a form

7. opening word document IN a form

8. Opening excel,word, msproject files in a web form in VB.Net

9. How can I open a web browser with an open document

10. Word Automation Failure when other word documents are open

11. Forms and WORD document forms

12. Cutting a full Word document and pasting it in another Word Document