some sort of unregistered event (yes, it does recognize the provider
and source ... )

Anyone else slugging it out along these lines ?

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:33:12 GMT
 VB.Net (pro) and Sybase
I am not sure which providers ship with ADO.NET, so I am not sure what the
correct string would be with Sybase, or if there is a provider. If not, you
will have to .NET wrap ADO and use the provider in ADO.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

****
Think outside the box!
****

Quote:
> Okay, I already know about

> OleDbConnection("Provider=Sybase.ASEOLEDBProvider.2; Data
> Source=myDataSource; ...

> However, either I'm having some sort of driver problem with ASE 12 ...
> or the rest of my connection string sucks ... because I'm throwing
> some sort of unregistered event (yes, it does recognize the provider
> and source ... )

> Anyone else slugging it out along these lines ?

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 01:43:43 GMT
 VB.Net (pro) and Sybase
I've got a working connection to Sybase using the OLE DB provider you
mention (it has some fairly non-standard properties), the Sybase ODBC
driver, and the beta Data Direct Sybase native .NET data provider.

Are you looking for an entire connection string or ? Can you make it work in
a .UDL file?

Bob Beauchemin

Quote:
> Okay, I already know about

> OleDbConnection("Provider=Sybase.ASEOLEDBProvider.2; Data
> Source=myDataSource; ...

> However, either I'm having some sort of driver problem with ASE 12 ...
> or the rest of my connection string sucks ... because I'm throwing
> some sort of unregistered event (yes, it does recognize the provider
> and source ... )

> Anyone else slugging it out along these lines ?

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:28:38 GMT

1. How to connect VB 3.0 (Pro) with Sybase 4

2. Vb .Net or vs .Net Pro for Pocket PC Development

3. Installing VS.net Pro After VB.net standard

4. VB .Net 2003 Standard or VS .Net 2003 Pro for Smart Devices

5. Sybase text to string in VB.Net

6. win95, vb4 pro 32bit, sybase 10, intersolv odbc, addchunk (image blobs)

7. Need help with VB5(pro) and Sybase SQLAnywhere5.0

8. Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro

9. Help needed with VB 3 Pro to VB 5 Pro upgrade

10. Upgrading to VB 5 Pro from VB 3 Pro

11. Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro