WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility
Author Message
 WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility

Hi all,

Three questions.

(1) Can anyone tell me if WinXP, Visual Studio 6.0 and Studio.Net are all
compatible on the same system?
(2) Which Studio needs to be installed first if they are?
(3) Is this recommended practice?

Please reply to all for ease of finding your answers.

Thanks for your help,

Rocky

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:58:06 GMT
 WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility
Yes they are compatible, in fact, I'm running exactly that right now.
I don't know what order is preferable (I don't think it matters much), but I
always install VS6 first, and that gives absolutely no problems. It is
"recommended" practice (or at least officially supported) as VB6 will still
be supported for some time.

--
Sven Groot

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Three questions.

> (1) Can anyone tell me if WinXP, Visual Studio 6.0 and Studio.Net are all
> compatible on the same system?
> (2) Which Studio needs to be installed first if they are?
> (3) Is this recommended practice?

> Please reply to all for ease of finding your answers.

> Thanks for your help,

> Rocky

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:17:59 GMT
 WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility
Thank you.

Rocky

Quote:
> Yes they are compatible, in fact, I'm running exactly that right now.
> I don't know what order is preferable (I don't think it matters much), but
> always install VS6 first, and that gives absolutely no problems. It is
> "recommended" practice (or at least officially supported) as VB6 will
still
> be supported for some time.

> --
> Sven Groot

> > Hi all,

> > Three questions.

> > (1) Can anyone tell me if WinXP, Visual Studio 6.0 and Studio.Net are
all
> > compatible on the same system?
> > (2) Which Studio needs to be installed first if they are?
> > (3) Is this recommended practice?

> > Please reply to all for ease of finding your answers.

> > Thanks for your help,

> > Rocky

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 01:33:19 GMT
 WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility

Quote:
>Hi all,

>Three questions.

>(1) Can anyone tell me if WinXP, Visual Studio 6.0 and Studio.Net are all
>compatible on the same system?

Yes.

Quote:
>(2) Which Studio needs to be installed first if they are?

Either will work, but I aim for the older product (VS 6.0) first.

Quote:
>(3) Is this recommended practice?

On a dev machine, it is not a problem, as long as you realize you will
probably be rebuilding this machine shortly (final release in
January?). I would not place the .NET Framework on a production server
at this time, unless you are going live during the beta period.

Quote:
>Please reply to all for ease of finding your answers.

It is not a good idea to cross post. However, I will do it just for
you.

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge (4Q 2001)
Think outside the box!

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 02:20:46 GMT
 WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility
Thank you for your answer, however I thought it was NG policy to crosspost
vs multipost.

Rocky

Quote:

> >Hi all,

> >Three questions.

> >(1) Can anyone tell me if WinXP, Visual Studio 6.0 and Studio.Net are all
> >compatible on the same system?

> Yes.

> >(2) Which Studio needs to be installed first if they are?

> Either will work, but I aim for the older product (VS 6.0) first.

> >(3) Is this recommended practice?

> On a dev machine, it is not a problem, as long as you realize you will
> probably be rebuilding this machine shortly (final release in
> January?). I would not place the .NET Framework on a production server
> at this time, unless you are going live during the beta period.

> >Please reply to all for ease of finding your answers.

> It is not a good idea to cross post. However, I will do it just for
> you.

> Gregory A. Beamer
> MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
> Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge (4Q 2001)
> Think outside the box!

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:27:39 GMT
 WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility
Doesn't really matter which one you install first - I'm running XP pro with
VS6 installed, then VS.Net installed, then a hard drive failed, then VS6
removed, then VS.Net removed, then VS.Net installed, then VS6 installed.
Everything works fine :)

Cromas

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 05:13:53 GMT

1. WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility

2. Visual Studio 6 and Visual Studio .NET

3. Visual Studio 6.0, Visual Studio.Net Difference

4. Visual Studio 6 and Visual Studio .net

5. Visual Studio.NET vs Visual Basic.NET

6. VB.NET vs. Visual Studio.NET

7. Event Button in Visual studio net VB.net

8. i am using vb.net and crystal reports for visual studio.net

9. Visual Studio .Net causing Visual Basic 6 problem?

10. Visual Studio.Net

11. PowerToys for Visual Studio .NET 2003 Project Announcement

12. Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Crystal Report Deploy