Problem filling DataSet with MS Remote OLE DB Provider [VB.NET]
Author Message
 Problem filling DataSet with MS Remote OLE DB Provider [VB.NET]

Hi all

I am having a problem filling a DataSet object when using the MS Remote OLE
DB Provider to access a remote ODBC DSN over a WAN. This is my code.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

'Data Access Variables

Dim odbc_Connection As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection _
    ("Provider=MS Remote;Remote Server= http://www.*-*-*.com/ ; Remote
Provider=MSDASQL;DSN=MyDSN;Uid=Username;Pwd=Password")
Dim odbc_Adapter As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter _
    ("SELECT DWORD_KEY FROM tblCustomerDetails WHERE CustomerID = '" &
CustomerID & "'", odbc_Connection)
Dim odbc_DataSet As New System.Data.DataSet()

odbc_Adapter.Fill(odbc_DataSet)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Andy Kimbrey - Agile IT

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 19:33:48 GMT

1. ODBC provider vs MS SQL provider (OLE DB)

2. Problem Using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

3. Problem Using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

4. Problem Using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

5. Error: 2147467259 was generated by MS OLE DB provider for SQL Server DBNETYLIB ConnectionWrite(send())

6. MS OLE DB Provider won't work with boolean

7. MS OLE DB Provider won't work with boolean

8. MS OLE DB Provider for ODBC Error

9. OLE DB .NET Data Provider - Connection object

10. Problem with Oracle Provider for OLE DB

11. Oracle OLE DB - Provider and ADO - Problem with Unicode

12. Data Environment/Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider problem