ADSI and VB.NET
Author Message
 ADSI and VB.NET

Hi, please, is someone can help me to find out how to get
the computers list, members of a group, check if a user
is member of a group, get the list of all the exchange
server 5.5 mailboxes with ADSI and VB.NET (using WINNT://
as provider)... samples, doc, white papers...

I can't find useful help in the MSDN.

Thanks a lot if you can help me.

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:09:04 GMT
 ADSI and VB.NET
You can try DirectoryEntry class. Check out the walkthrough in your .NET
Framework SDK Documentation with the URL,
ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/vbcon/html/vbwlkWalkthroughCreatingADSIObjects.h
tm

To get a list of users from a group, try this link,
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&frame=right&th=587154b4eb9d...
ekm=eLpWUOK2BHA.2324%40tkmsftngp02#link4

Quote:
> Hi, please, is someone can help me to find out how to get
> the computers list, members of a group, check if a user
> is member of a group, get the list of all the exchange
> server 5.5 mailboxes with ADSI and VB.NET (using WINNT://
> as provider)... samples, doc, white papers...

> I can't find useful help in the MSDN.

> Thanks a lot if you can help me.

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:11:54 GMT
 ADSI and VB.NET
You will need this part too...

String adPath = LDAP://[FQDN]; //Path to you LDAP directory server

LdapAuthentication adAuth = new LdapAuthentication(adPath);

if(true == adAuth.IsAuthenticated([Domain], [user], [password]))

{

String groups = adAuth.GetGroups();

String pg = adAuth.GetPrimaryGroup();

--
Petar Vucetin, MCSE
Big Ideas Factory

Quote:
> Hi, please, is someone can help me to find out how to get
> the computers list, members of a group, check if a user
> is member of a group, get the list of all the exchange
> server 5.5 mailboxes with ADSI and VB.NET (using WINNT://
> as provider)... samples, doc, white papers...

> I can't find useful help in the MSDN.

> Thanks a lot if you can help me.

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 06:08:45 GMT

1. ADSI and VB .Net

2. Using ADSI in Vb.NET

3. ADSI and VB.NET

4. ADSI in VB.Net...... Examples, anyone?

5. Creating NT User accounts using ADSI (WinNT:) within VB.Net

6. VB.Net - ADSI property name with dashes

7. ADSI & VB.Net

8. Filter ADSI objects in VB.net

9. ADSI code converstion to VB.net

10. ADSI and .Net

11. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

12. ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET