VB Common Dialog and Windows XP
Author Message
 VB Common Dialog and Windows XP

I just upgraded my laptop to Windows XP and resinstalled
VB 5 software and Service Pack 2 which I have purchases
and am licensed to use.

All of my forms have removed the common dialogue box and
when I try to add it back I get a message that I am not
licensed to use it??

Does anyone have any ideas why?

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:36:40 GMT
 VB Common Dialog and Windows XP

This is a VB .NET newsgroup, try some VB classic groups.

Happy To Help,
Tom Spink

http://dotnetx.betasafe.com >> VB, VB.NET, C#, C++ Code

One day Dave J wrote...

Quote:
> I just upgraded my laptop to Windows XP and resinstalled
> VB 5 software and Service Pack 2 which I have purchases
> and am licensed to use.

> All of my forms have removed the common dialogue box and
> when I try to add it back I get a message that I am not
> licensed to use it??

> Does anyone have any ideas why?

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:01:03 GMT
 VB Common Dialog and Windows XP
It is a version problem, I think.  Look at the article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q181854

And if that is not appropriate do oa search of the Microsoft knowwldgebase
with your error message

Quote:
> I just upgraded my laptop to Windows XP and resinstalled
> VB 5 software and Service Pack 2 which I have purchases
> and am licensed to use.

> All of my forms have removed the common dialogue box and
> when I try to add it back I get a message that I am not
> licensed to use it??

> Does anyone have any ideas why?

Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:58:39 GMT

1. Windows Common Controls in Windows XP

2. VB Common Dialogs and Windows NT

3. ANN: TaskBar.NET (Windows XP style Common Task Folder)

4. Using MS Windows 3.1 common dialogs DLL from MS Access

5. Using MS Windows 3.1 common dialogs DLL from MS Access

6. Using MS Windows 3.1 common dialogs DLL from MS Access

7. common dialog box and windows 98

8. Windows Common Dialog's

9. Using MS Windows 3.1 common dialogs DLL from MS Access

10. Printer Settings / Common Dialog Windows NT

11. Common Dialog Box in Windows 95 - Error 380

12. Windows Common Dialog control