Self-Installing VB.NET Windows Service
Author Message
 Self-Installing VB.NET Windows Service

I have built a Windows Service in VB.NET and would like to make the
Service self-installing.  Currently I have to use the the .NET Tool
InstallUtil.exe to install/uninstall the service.  The reason for
installing is that I would like to add a few command-line options.

I've only been able to find the following C# code, which I have been
UNABLE to convert to VB.NET (contains errors?):

http://www.*-*-*.com/

(From http://www.*-*-*.com/ )

I want to be able to write:

MyService.exe /install     '-- install service
MyService.exe /uninstall   '-- uninstall service
MyService.exe /timer:60    '-- entry in the registry - how often to
poll data

Thanks,
Kam

Kam Mistry - Information Balance

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 23:21:20 GMT

1. Installing VB.NET Windows Service on different machine.

2. Created and installed VB.Net service but don't see it in services

3. Windows Service in VB.NET - Failed to process service command

4. Disabling installed services in vb.net

5. How To Install Service Written Using VB.Net?

6. installing web app with windows service and windows aplication at same time

7. Installing windows service in Windows 98,ME

8. Windows Service in VB.NET

9. Windows Services in VB.net

10. Problem with windows service in vb.net

11. deploying windows service application (vb.net)

12. windows service. vb.net