Old VB dog learning new tricks...Closing windows/ending app
Author Message
 Old VB dog learning new tricks...Closing windows/ending app

In VB6, one of my "best practices" was to have my application's "main form"
(if one existed) unload all other loaded forms (and objects) in order to end
the application cleanly (without an End or Stop statement).

In VB.Net, since there is apparently no longer a "Forms" collection (or at
least I haven't found one, and documentation seems to indicate that there
isn't one) - what would be the "best practice" for cleanly terminating an
app that may have multiple open windows?

TIA,
Tore.

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 14:34:45 GMT
 Old VB dog learning new tricks...Closing windows/ending app
Hello
I would suggest using application.exit to terminate the
program.
Jorge
Quote:

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 16:22:37 GMT

1. VB5- Old dog needs help with new tricks

2. VB closing app vs. Windows closing app

3. Old Old VB To New VB

4. Problems Closing a New Window using window.close()

5. Closing Help before Ending VB app

6. Old VB Project doesn't work with New Office or Windows 7

7. Subclassing Window Procedure Closes IDE when App closes

8. Old DOS App into new WIN .DLL Anyone?

9. HELP: Building new DHTML UI for old VB6 C/S app

10. How to close a Windows app with VB ?

11. Can you help a 16 yr old Wanting to learn VB 4

12. Close Window or complete task from VB-App