Printing bitmaps or picturebox contents
Author Message
 Printing bitmaps or picturebox contents

I have a graphics app that allows the user to draw into/onto a picturebox.
This is altimately saved as a bitmap - jpg, png or tiff.

I'd like to allow the user print what they have drawn.

Using the PrintDocument, I can figure out the printing of text but need to
know how to add these "pictures" to said document. One picture or multiple
pictures...

LM

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:00:17 GMT
 Printing bitmaps or picturebox contents
Hi,
One possibility depends on the type of document you are creating.  for
example if you are combining text and a bitmap or jpg, you could reference
the MS Word COM object model to create a .doc file to format the text and
insert the pictures wherever you like in the file.

Kent
VB Community

> I have a graphics app that allows the user to draw into/onto a picturebox.
> This is altimately saved as a bitmap - jpg, png or tiff.

> I'd like to allow the user print what they have drawn.

> Using the PrintDocument, I can figure out the printing of text but need to
> know how to add these "pictures" to said document. One picture or multiple
> pictures...

> LM

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:24:02 GMT
 Printing bitmaps or picturebox contents
I use the following to print image in picture box (I am not adding any
text) - maybe this might be of some help?

Roger

Private Sub PDoc_PrintPage(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.Drawing.Printing.PrintPageEventArgs) Handles PDoc.PrintPage

e.Graphics.DrawImage(PictureBox1.Image, 0, 0)

End Sub

Quote:
> I have a graphics app that allows the user to draw into/onto a picturebox.
> This is altimately saved as a bitmap - jpg, png or tiff.

> I'd like to allow the user print what they have drawn.

> Using the PrintDocument, I can figure out the printing of text but need to
> know how to add these "pictures" to said document. One picture or multiple
> pictures...

> LM

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:42:10 GMT
 Printing bitmaps or picturebox contents
Sounds like a GREAT idea! A few things to ponder though ...

I'm developing in VB.Net and was hoping for a way to do this through the new
printdocument class.

Can you/anyone point me at any on-line resources to explain using the MSWord
COM object?

To use the MS Word COM object model, doesn't MSWord need to be
installed/present?
If MS Word is installed/present, aren't there version issues between say a
Word98 COM object and a WordXP COM object? How would I legislate for this?

Thanks

LM

Quote:
> Hi,
> One possibility depends on the type of document you are creating.  for
> example if you are combining text and a bitmap or jpg, you could reference
> the MS Word COM object model to create a .doc file to format the text and
> insert the pictures wherever you like in the file.

> Kent
> VB Community

> --
rights.

> > I have a graphics app that allows the user to draw into/onto a
picturebox.
> > This is altimately saved as a bitmap - jpg, png or tiff.

> > I'd like to allow the user print what they have drawn.

> > Using the PrintDocument, I can figure out the printing of text but need
> > know how to add these "pictures" to said document. One picture or
multiple
> > pictures...

> > Can anyone point me in the right direction?

> > LM

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 05:10:28 GMT
 Printing bitmaps or picturebox contents
Thanks Roger, I will give this a whirl !

Quote:
> I use the following to print image in picture box (I am not adding any
> text) - maybe this might be of some help?

> Roger

> Private Sub PDoc_PrintPage(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
> System.Drawing.Printing.PrintPageEventArgs) Handles PDoc.PrintPage

> e.Graphics.DrawImage(PictureBox1.Image, 0, 0)

> End Sub

> > I have a graphics app that allows the user to draw into/onto a
picturebox.
> > This is altimately saved as a bitmap - jpg, png or tiff.

> > I'd like to allow the user print what they have drawn.

> > Using the PrintDocument, I can figure out the printing of text but need
> > know how to add these "pictures" to said document. One picture or
multiple
> > pictures...

> > Can anyone point me in the right direction?

> > LM

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 05:11:40 GMT

1. print content of picturebox control

2. Printing contents of Picturebox

3. Printing contents of a picturebox

4. Printing the contents of a picturebox

5. Help: printing contents of a picturebox...

6. Print Contents Of PictureBox, how does one?

7. Printing PictureBox and Grid Contents VB3

8. Printing PictureBox Contents?

9. Print the Contents of a PictureBox

10. Can't print contents picturebox with printform method

11. Printing entire content of picturebox

12. Printing entire content of picturebox